Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Being billed twice?

New Poster

Being billed twice?

We've had Xfinity internet for over a year and when we moved our contract was up. We were told that instead of paying 60.00 for just internet, we could pay 47.00 for internet and cable, with the first month being free. Well we still continued to pay 60.00 for the last few months because that was what our bill came out to, I just figured the sales person had a made a mistake. I checked my mail the other day though and saw a statement saying we owed 96 dollars and our internet would be shut off in a matter of days, and after further inspection I realized they had made a second account under our name without telling us and this was why we were being billed twice. The first time we called the guy was utterly confused and didn't know how too help us. The second time we called the lady said she would fix the issue and cancel the old account and put a credit on the new account for us. When this didn't happen, we called again and this time we were told that we had only made one payment and that we were overdue on old months. We tried to tell them that we have the confirmations and the billing on our bank account but we couldn't be helped. Now were threatened with getting our service cut off tomorrow if we don't pay, even though we have OVER PAID. What should we do at this point?

Now we went down to the store and the lady said it would take 2-4 weeks to get our refund and that our internet would be shut off anyway if we don't pay???

New Poster

Re: Being billed twice?

please try and provide a picture of the bill statement without exposing any personal info. If I can look at the bill details I can maybe answer your concern

Official Employee

Re: Being billed twice?

Hi edwardcrough,

I can review your billing concerns further. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon