Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Being Charge for Customer Owned Modem

New Poster

Being Charge for Customer Owned Modem

Months after activating my service Comcast started charging me for my customer owned Modem. I've been going back and forth with them for two months, I've spoken with customer service, technical support and multiple supervisors yet the issue is still unresolved and Comast will not admit this is NOT THIER MODEM!!! I"m at my wits end and don't know what to do. They are now laying the burdon of proof on me to prove it's not thier modem. I don't have my reeipt of purchase but I also don't have thier modem. My modem and router is customer owned and was NOT installed by their technician. They entered it on my account incorrectly FOUR months after I got my service and now they won't fix thier mistake. This seems to be a recurring issue for Comcast customers. This is the most riduloucs mess I've ever dealt with. Please help! 

Cable Expert

Re: Being Charge for Customer Owned Modem

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks I guess, I've yet to talk to a single person that can help me. Hoping for the best. 

New Poster

The same thing happened to me, they raised the bill $11 out of the blue asking me to pay for my owned modem. I never asked for a modem and they never sent one.

Needless to say that the customer service is horrible and reps sounds like robots, they can't use simple logic to figure out that no package was sent from xfinity (with a modem), neither I collected one from the store, how then I got one from you! This is rediculous!

New Poster

I feel your pain! I don’t understand how they can get away with doing this mess to people. There is no reason I should have to go through all this trouble to fix their mistake on my account.
Official Employee

Hi TammyKay_19. I can help review your account for this modem we are charging you for. I can also submit an Equipment Research ticket with our inventory team to investigate the ownership of this device. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks but the equpiment research team are the ones that keep coming back and saying it's thier modem. I already had 2-3 tickets submitted to them. I'm happy to report as of today I've spoken with an executive customer service rep, the issue is resolved and they sent me something in writing stating it is not their modem. Chris was very helpful! It only took me two months, numerous phone calls, lots of time, lots of fustration and eamiling every CEO and Executive officer I could find but the issue has finally been resolved. Hopefully I never have to go through this again. *fingers crossed* 

New Poster

Why do we need to write here to get our issue resolved? I am still facing the same issue although a customer service rep resolved it in Feb and issued me a credit for the invalid charges. Now the same story continues.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation