Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

BILL TO HIGH TO AFFORD.

Frequent Visitor

BILL TO HIGH TO AFFORD.

WHY IS MY BILL SO HIGH? I CANNOT AFFORD PAYING $166.I AM ON A  FIXED INCOME.I DON'T GET  HALF THE CHANNELS. I HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO IF I WANT  TO WATCH TBS ? IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY DEALS.I AM GOING TO DIRECTV. IT IS CHEAPER

New Poster

Re: BILL TO HIGH TO AFFORD.

I'm having a similar problem. I signed a two year contract and at the end of the first year my bill went up. Tried showing them my contract and it doesn't help. I swear I'm going to need a lawyer to get anything done which is ridiculous.
New Poster

My bill increased $26 from May to June. No warning, no apparent reason. Contract NOT expired. Didn't think it was legal to raise rates without notification.

Expert

@eileenh4 wrote:

My bill increased $26 from May to June. No warning, no apparent reason. Contract NOT expired. Didn't think it was legal to raise rates without notification.

Have you compared your bills to see where the increase occurred?  You most likely had a promotion expire.

New Poster

Like we both said our contract price was for 2 years but at the end of the first year the price went up. I have tried showing them my contract but they don't care.
Expert

@Renizzle wrote:
Like we both said our contract price was for 2 years but at the end of the first year the price went up. I have tried showing them my contract but they don't care.

Promotions are not included in the contract price.

New Poster

Again I have a two year contract set at one price and the price has increased one year in. My price is set on the contract and that set price shouldn't change
Expert

@Renizzle wrote:
Again I have a two year contract set at one price and the price has increased one year in. My price is set on the contract and that set price shouldn't change

Compare your bills.  You will probably see that a promotion you had dropped off.  Promotions are not part of a bundle price or contract.

Official Employee

Hello All, 

@Again is correct. However, I'd be more than happy to review your accounts to see if there are any deals that would help lower your rates. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Contributor

My bill went up 48.00 .Seems the contract expired on the double play. I was fine with the 159.00 a month. but 241.00 on my income is too much now.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@sdevitt526

I can help review your account to see if there are any offers that will help lower your rate. Before doing so, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name and the phone number associated with your account. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.  

Contributor

message sent