Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Auto Pay

Frequent Visitor

Auto Pay

Just received a letter from Comcast informing me that if I do not sign up for auto pay I will be charged full price.
Completely shocked, in 1 month it will be a year since I have had service. When I switched to Comcast in March of 2017 I was never informed I needed to sign up for auto pay, I was informed about eco bill which I did sign up at that time because I needed to enrolled in eco bill in order to receive promo card. (which I received). Never have I been late on a payment, $250 average a month.
Now a year after signing up I receive this letter that informs me I must sign up for auto pay or pay full price, You must be joking, I already pay $250 a month. I expect to be contacted a bout this and no I will not contact you since every time I have ever had to contact Com cast through their chat or call nothing ever is resolved. There are other companies I can go to and will do so without a second thought since it is Comcast not myself that has invalidated said contract a year after signing up for Comcast.

Never have I ever seen such poor customer servie/relations as displayed by Comcast.

New Poster

Re: Auto Pay

I also received the same letter today.  I was told I had been receiving a self service discount that required enrollment in paperless billing and automatic payment.  I do have my own modem. That might be the self service that they are talking about.  And I do use paperless billing.  But it never was explained to me that I needed to sign up for auto pay to get the discount.  And if you read the fine print .......here it is ... be careful...:" You agree to review each bill you receive and give Comcast notice of any errors or disputed charges at least 72 hours prior to your statement due date. COMCAST SHALL BEAR NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSSES OF ANY KIND THAT YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF A PAYMENT MADE ON ITEMS INCORRECTLY BILLED OR FOR ANY DELAY IN THE ACTUAL DATE ON WHICH YOUR ACCOUNT IS DEBITED OR YOUR CREDIT CARD IS CHARGED."

Frequent Visitor

I WISH I HAVE DONE SOME READING ON THIS COMPANY. HATE TO RUN INTO ALL THIS BS! THAT YOU GUYS ARE GETTING THIS DEMAND LETTER AFTER YOU BEEN WITH THEM SO LONG.

MY PROBLEM LONG STORY SHORT.

After 2 months with no discount.

Call and was told their no such discount.

I ask why there were posting all over your fourm about it. 

Her answer, I will have someone call you back after looking into it. SMH!!! 

Official Employee

Hi CJHam, 

Sorry for the experience you 're having. I was able to locate another conversation between you and my peers on Facebook about this same situation. Since they were able to help get this squared away, I am going to close your message as it appears they were able to help find a resolution. If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi blueflower17, 

The self-service discount is provided to customers who enroll in both Autopay and Ecobill. This information would have been included in the service agreement that you agreed to. I would be happy to review your account and agreement to see if your promotion was one that offered the self-service discount. 

In order review your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi 510ak, 

In order to be eligible for this discount if included in your promotion, you must enroll in both Autopay and Ecobill. If you are only enrolled in one or the other, you would not receive the discount. The letters that are being sent out are to inform customers that they are receiving a credit that they are not eligible for due to not being enrolled in both services. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastChe
I did enroll for both eco billing and auto pay with my cc. When i call no one seem to know about this discount. They think somehow i made it up. Now i went and unenroll both option until someone can help me fix the problem with the discount. Glad to know that you heard of this discount.
Official Employee

Thanks for clarifying 510ak. Please keep in mind, it does take up to 45 days for the discount to appear on your account, but some promotions, not all, do offer the self-service discount. I'd be more than happy to review your account to see if your current promotion is one that is eligible. If you would like assistance, can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation