New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Authorized Retailer

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

Authorized Retailer

I am confused about authorized retailers offering products that seem less expensive than those offered directly by Comcast. How is that possible?

https://www.xfinitybundledeals.com/

Accepted Solution

Re: Authorized Retailer

I can see it, this would be considered an authorized dealer of our services. We would not be able to honor pricing they quote. We would only be able to get as close as possible to what they can offer based on what we have in our systems. 

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Comcast rarely, if ever, honors those offers.

Regular Contributor

barbie123 wrote:

Comcast rarely, if ever, honors those offers.

Can you please explain that? If you accept an offer by an authorized retailer and pay the retailer, that should constitute a legal agreement. But I'm not sure how such retailers offer Comcast services. Middle person? That's why I posted here.

Silver Problem Solver

It depends on what they mean by "Authorized". If you ask Comcast, they do not authorize any 3rd party vendors.The offer you linked requires signing up for a security monitoring service for $39.95 a month for 2 years. Seemed to be other fees too. Kind of sketchy.

Regular Contributor

barbie123 wrote:

It depends on what they mean by "Authorized". If you ask Comcast, they do not authorize any 3rd party vendors.The offer you linked requires signing up for a security monitoring service for $39.95 a month for 2 years. Seemed to be other fees too. Kind of sketchy.

Let's see if a Comcast employee can address that here.

Regular Contributor

I'm asking that a Comcast employee explain "xfinity Authorized Retailer."

AuthorizedRetailer.jpg

Official Employee

Hello All,

If you are referring to authorized dealers as in sales agents that can sometimes be seen in Walmart for example, they are not direct Comcast employees and are hired by third-party companies. Because they have special offers for customers, we can't make any guarantees we would honor those based on the codes they have for the services being provided.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

ComcastChe wrote:

Hello All,

If you are referring to authorized dealers as in sales agents that can sometimes be seen in Walmart for example, they are not direct Comcast employees and are hired by third-party companies. Because they have special offers for customers, we can't make any guarantees we would honor those based on the codes they have for the services being provided.  

See the xfinity AUTHORIZED RETAILER in this link: https://www.xfinitybundledeals.com/

Official Employee

I can see it, this would be considered an authorized dealer of our services. We would not be able to honor pricing they quote. We would only be able to get as close as possible to what they can offer based on what we have in our systems. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

ComcastChe wrote:

This is informative, but it makes me wonder why Comcast would allow such authorized dealers if advertised prices are not backed by Comcast. Something is wrong here.

Official Employee

VitaminE,

I'm sorry you feel that way. The pricing provided through authorized dealers can sometimes be offered at special discounted rates based on contracts between them and us. In order to take advantage of those rates, you would have to go through them as we may not have the same promotional offers available in our system. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Cable Expert

VitaminE wrote:

ComcastChe wrote:

This is informative, but it makes me wonder why Comcast would allow such authorized dealers if advertised prices are not backed by Comcast. Something is wrong here.

Nothing wrong with accepting a deal from an authorized Comcast agent, sometimes they have really good deals. The deals they have though are not always the same as you can get directly from Comcast. Same goes for direct sales reps that might come to your door or that you might see at a retail store like Best Buy - they often have special deals that you can only get through them.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation