Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Apparent Bait and Switch Tactics

New Poster

Apparent Bait and Switch Tactics

When I upped for a 2 year lock in of my rate the agent quoted a rate that did not include my phone modem monthly charge. I made a decision to renew for a 2 year period based on the price quoted and assumed my monthly equipment charges carried over. They did not. Now I get a bill with an additional $11/month for equipment rental that they failed to include in the renewal quote. It sure has the appearance that Comcast doesn't honor its end of the contract when they make mistakes. This is on top of 2 additional program fee bumps since October 2017 which are not included in the locked in rate (that I understand). They fail to realize that loyalty will only take them so far and there are more options for their customers than just AT&T. Even though they misquoted my rate and then used it to lock me in for 2 years, they tell me if I cancel, I will be smacked with early termination. So much for living up to your end of the bargain. Kiss a 25 year loyal customer goodbye when this 2 year period is up😠. Which character is the Comcast rep in your commercials that have the AT&T rep in therapy with other characters of questionable reputation?
Service Expert

Re: Apparent Bait and Switch Tactics

@Skirunner wrote:
When I upped for a 2 year lock in of my rate the agent quoted a rate that did not include my phone modem monthly charge. I made a decision to renew for a 2 year period based on the price quoted and assumed my monthly equipment charges carried over. They did not. Now I get a bill with an additional $11/month for equipment rental that they failed to include in the renewal quote. It sure has the appearance that Comcast doesn't honor its end of the contract when they make mistakes. This is on top of 2 additional program fee bumps since October 2017 which are not included in the locked in rate (that I understand). They fail to realize that loyalty will only take them so far and there are more options for their customers than just AT&T. Even though they misquoted my rate and then used it to lock me in for 2 years, they tell me if I cancel, I will be smacked with early termination. So much for living up to your end of the bargain. Kiss a 25 year loyal customer goodbye when this 2 year period is up😠. Which character is the Comcast rep in your commercials that have the AT&T rep in therapy with other characters of questionable reputation?

Equipment fees are not included in your bundle rate unless specifically stated.  Since the rep did not state they would be included in the bundle, they are separate.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

When I was quoted my rates, it only excluded taxes. The price I was quoted was the price I paid (at least for 2 months). Then my rates went up.
Admin1

Hi Skirunner -- The information provided by Community Expert Again is correct. Your contract protects your package price only as that is the only item covered in the agreement. This contract is visible in My Account. A full breakdown of your charges would have been provided in the Customer Approval portion of the order. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation