Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

A mistaken charge (inactive internet/voice equipment and an additional adjustment) and what to do?

New Poster

A mistaken charge (inactive internet/voice equipment and an additional adjustment) and what to do?

Hi - My husband and I have had Comcast services for many years.  On June 2, 2017 I called to redo my bundle (Internet/Phone/TV) as I needed to decrease my bill.  My new bundle was done and I was billed exactly as quoted with fees for the July billing date.  When I got the billing for August it had gone up approximately $25.  $10 was for one month of rent on an inactive piece of equipment (internet/voice) which I was told is a modem rental.  And an additional charge of $13.33 for 41 days before that when I got the new bundle.  BUT I had never been billed for this during my past billings.  We do not have any old equipment!  I spoke with Paula about this a couple of times.  She was trying to figure this out but assured me the charges would be taken off.  September billing date:  charge still on for September and no credit for the last bill.  What should I do now?  Have never had this problem with Comcast Xfinity before.

Official Employee

Re: A mistaken charge (inactive internet/voice equipment and an additional adjustment) and what t...

Hello paulsueoz67. I can assist with reviewing the prorated charges on your bill after the changes were made. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation