Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

A bogus Xfinity installation charge?

New Poster

A bogus Xfinity installation charge?

Update April 25: The charge has been reversed. Thank you!

=======

I signed up for Xfinity online in February. Everything went smoothly, and couple of days later I received an SMS saying that a tech has done work outside my house and my internet is ready. Great! All I had to do is to connect the modem. So I did, and nothing happened - there was no connection. After chatting with the customer service, the rep told me that I must have done something wrong and I have to order a "Professional install service visit" for $60. I really doubted that I have done something wrong, so I asked what if my house is not connected? She said that in that case I would be able to dispute the charge.

On Feb 21, the Comcast technician (Mr. Adams from Atlanta) showed up and - lo and behold - told me that my house is not connected. So he had to climb the pole and connect my house. Below are the photos of him working.The internet came the moment he finished. There was nothing wrong with my modem. So why did Xfinity still charge me $60?

2018-02-21 10.12.01.jpg2018-02-21 09.42.30.jpg

Service Expert

Re: A bogus Xfinity installation charge?

Did you call Billing and dispute the charge?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Hi nicster -- I can explain why you were charged. Based on what you've said, you had setup your service for self-installation and had setup for a tech to come out to make your Tap hot. That type of job will look at your Tap only and will not look at your house. Since you weren't able to complete this self-installation, we would have had to send a tech out to complete it. This would count as an install which has an associated charge. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hello,

Do you mind explaining what you mean by Tap? Again, the texts I received from Comcast: on Feb 15"Your Xfinity service is almost ready. We just need to connect some outdoor equipment", and then on Feb 16 "Your service is all set! Time to finish your setup and explore the great things in store." - which was false because the tech had to connect on Feb 21. Now why do I have to pay for what should have been done in the first place?

Official Employee

Hello, I can assist you further from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation