Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

85% increase in monthly billing charges????? Outrageous

New Poster

85% increase in monthly billing charges????? Outrageous

My monthly billing going from $49.99 to $92, that's about 85%!!!! I mean what am I using this service for?

Such a steep increase in price is never heard of. I was told I'd be locked in at my previous price last year so why did my price increase and can someone please help me return it to my previous rate?

I have called and even chatted and each time, they tell me, they better deal is a triple play but we do not need access to phone service.  One time, I spoke to someone who offered us "free" HD" once again, yet again, I talk to someone who says, they have to charge.  Can Comcast agents NOT agree on anything? 

Is there someone who can help to lower our monthly bill? 

Please help!

Tags (1)
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 85% increase in monthly billing charges????? Outrageous

Sudden price increases usually signal the end of a promotional period.  Have you lined up an old and new bill, and gone through them line by line to see where the increase comes in?  That should show you what happened.

New Poster

Thanks for responding. I understand the promotional offer but increase by 85%.

For instance, last year, around the same time, I got 49.99 and not after a year going to 92? Something is not right.

Bronze Problem Solver

It all depends on what's in the contract.  If you haven't done so, you should read it and see what it actually says about periodic increases.

New Poster

Leave it Mr. Bronze Problem Solver. You are no different than the robotic script readers aka customer service agents. 

Look at the irony. I submitted my feedback at the end of the call with the agent earlier today and got another call from feedback department, which was no different than the earlier one. Now I can't even give feedback on top on feedback call....all mess is what I can say.

Bronze Problem Solver

@santoshkmhatre wrote:

Leave it Mr. Bronze Problem Solver. You are no different than the robotic script readers aka customer service agents

There are folks here who are blinking in confusion at that statement!  Smiley Happy

But no problem.  Best of luck.

Admin1

Hi santoshkmhatre -- I can help with your account rates. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will review our available offers for you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation