Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$70 residential trouble call and promised waiver not given

New Poster

$70 residential trouble call and promised waiver not given

Hello,

I was barely able to watch TV in July and August because the video and sound would intermittently disappear. We called support two times and they were not able to fix it over the phone. So a residential visit was scheduled and I was NOT informed that they will be charge me for this. I was ALSO told that Comcast would waive one month of charges because I was not able to avail of the services. The technician came and found that the cable provided by Comcast had become bad. He replaced it and now my experience is fine now.

However in the 8-Oct bill there is a $70 charge for "Residential Trouble call". Furthermore the promised waiver of charges were never applied. When I called Comcast they said that this is a standard charge that cannot be removed. This is very disappointing to me as I find it dishonest on Comcast's part never to inform me of the charges. I have been a Comcast customer since 2005 (with a two year break in between when I was out of the country) and this is the first time I feel cheated. On saying so, they eventually agreed to give me a $35 bill credit and some coupons. While I appoved them to apply that, it is not acceptable to me that I pay for a service that I was never informed was not free and neither was the promised charge waiver for August applied. They also promised to send me coupons that I am unlikely to use. Please take back the coupons but give me the promised waiver and whole $70 credit. If I was informed of the charges then I would have gladly gone to the comcast office near my home and replaced my equipment instead of an inconvinient home visit where I have to arrange to be present during the appointment.

Thanks.

New Poster

Re: $70 residential trouble call and promised waiver not given

Can someone from comcast reply to this.

Official Employee

Re: $70 residential trouble call and promised waiver not given

Hi prbar, I am showing you called after this post and per notes it looks like they were able to assist.  If this is not the case please let me know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation