Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$70 Residential trouble call, overcharge on data, XFinity TV "free" trial

New Poster

$70 Residential trouble call, overcharge on data, XFinity TV "free" trial

So I start off getting Internet only service and this has quickly evolved into a huge mess of overcharges and undisclosed fees!

1. The Internet connection wasn't working so I call in and they reset my modem- everything works fine then...and the service rep offers a free month trial of Xfinity TV streaming...I agreed figuring I can cancel it if I'm not using it and it won't cost me anything. Next thing I know this broadcast fee shows up and my bill goes up!! So I call and cancel after 2 weeks but am still being charged this extra fee which was never disclosed at ANY point....

2. Internet connection flaky- they say I need a technician visit. Comes out and replaces some cable- a connector went bad - and I get a $70 charge for a residential trouble call. At NO point was I ever informed of any possible charge, either by the technician or the phone techs.

3. Then I get an email informing me that I went over my 1 TB rate- as a result of the not so FREE Xfinity TV app I had been trying out...but I won't be charged the $10 as this is my first month that I went over my limit. AND then a $10 charge for going over shows up on my bill!!  So now I'm at almost $100 extra for fees I was never informed of at any point and charges as a result of "free" promotions.

So is this typical? I'm just starting a contract after coming over from DSL- at this rate the slightly faster speeds are not worth it...calls to Billing just get me bounced around with no resolution....extremely frustrating

Official Employee

Re: $70 Residential trouble call, overcharge on data, XFinity TV "free" trial

Hello MRYCali. We apologize for any inconvenience. I can assist with reviewing the technician visit fee you were charged for repairing your internet service. I can also go over our unlimited data option that can help you avoid data usage fees beyond the included 1 TB. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Also regarding XFINITY Streaming cable service, The Broadcast TV Fee is an itemized charge that recovers a portion of the costs of re-transmitting broadcast television signals. Broadcast stations have the right to charge for their signals, and cable providers like Comcast end up paying substantial fees in order to carry them.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation