Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$60 service charge

New Poster

$60 service charge

I have had service outage problems several times over the past 6 months. Each time it has been due to the connection on the exterior of my home ( which I have no control) I have never been charged a service fee for a problem on the exterior of my home until now.  Each time I was told by the customer service person there would only be a charge should it be a problem inside the home. The technician put a cover box over the connection this time because he said it should be protected from the rain etc. I called customer service and was told there is a fee no matter what because it is located on my property( huh?).  I asked that the charge be removed and he refused. I asked to speak to a supervisor and multiple times I was told no one was available and that he would have someone call me. I have no confidence this will happen. What is up with Comcast! Can someone help?

Regular Visitor

Re: $60 service charge

Don’t feel bad this just happened to us
You guys lost a loyal customer after 7yrs over a $60 charge for a service call! We did the over the phone diagnosis and they said none of that is working and they need to send a tech. Never said there would possibly be a $60 charge. Well the tech came in and tried things then the hdmi cable and it was bad. Now this is a cable that you supplied with the receiver. But they claim cables aren’t there equipment! So after 3 phone calls to customer service and they weren’t willing to budge you lost us as a customer over $60. Our bill was always paid! Great customer service I will be sure to tell everyone and maybe even put a sign in my yard
Official Employee

Re: $60 service charge

Hi @Gn9160. I can assist with reviewing your account for the technician visit your were billed for. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation