Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$60 one time installation fee pops up again (supposed to free) and no 5$ discount?

Regular Visitor

$60 one time installation fee pops up again (supposed to free) and no 5$ discount?

When I was at the xfinity store signing up for internet in November the saleperson explicity told me there would be no installation fee for my first installation since it was just the initial installation.  This was back in november and as I expected the installation fee for november (payment due dec 1) went away.  However, December rolls along and the $60 installation fee (due Jan 1) pops back up again!  I call customer support and of course they have no clue what is going on.  I think somebody did not get the memo that the installation fee was supposed to be free.

In addition to this, I didn't get the $5/mo discount I was promised for signing up for paperless billing and automatic deposit.

I am extremely frustrated and if these issues do no get solved I may have to do some research on my other options for internet providers.

Service Expert

Re: $60 one time installation fee pops up again (supposed to free) and no 5$ discount?

alrumill wrote:

When I was at the xfinity store signing up for internet in November the saleperson explicity told me there would be no installation fee for my first installation since it was just the initial installation.  This was back in november and as I expected the installation fee for november (payment due dec 1) went away.  However, December rolls along and the $60 installation fee (due Jan 1) pops back up again!  I call customer support and of course they have no clue what is going on.  I think somebody did not get the memo that the installation fee was supposed to be free.

In addition to this, I didn't get the $5/mo discount I was promised for signing up for paperless billing and automatic deposit.

I am extremely frustrated and if these issues do no get solved I may have to do some research on my other options for internet providers.

That discount won't show up until your second bill.

As far as installation goes, what did they do inside your house?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: $60 one time installation fee pops up again (supposed to free) and no 5$ discount?

This is my 2nd bill.

As far as the service goes, they did do some rewiring around the house.  I was still told that the service would be free however.  There was a temporary service charge that showed up on my 1st bill and that went away as the saleperson said, but for some reason it is showing up on my 2nd bill now.

Official Employee

Hi alrumill, I can review this charge on your bill for you, could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi alrumill, thank you for working with me via private message.  Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation