Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$60 installation charges for unplugged cable outside the house

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

$60 installation charges for unplugged cable outside the house

My previous post was deleted so trying it again.

Hello,
I just moved to a new address and I couldn't connect to the internet so I called customer service. Everything was fine on their end so they said they'd need to send a technician to check and I'd have to pay $60 fee which I refused to pay since it was not my mistake. The representative then said she was able to remove the charge and I'd be charged only if they had to rewire the house and the technician would tell me beforehand if I was going to be charged. I agreed and technician arrived next day and fixed the issue within minutes. Turns out the Comcast cable outside the house was unplugged. The technician didn't mention anything about any charged. Next day, I was charged $60 as installation fee for installation. I contacted the customer service and they refused to take the charge off but offered me $30 credit. I was not satisfied with their solution so I decided to seek help from the forum.

I looked up online and it looks like it's a common problem and most of people have gotten the fees waived. Here is an example: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service-Archive/60-dollar-service-charge-for-no-service/td-p/3...

I believe I shouldn't be charged the $60 when I was specifically mentioned I wouldn't be charged and the technician never mentioned of any charges. I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this matter.

Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Re: $60 installation charges for unplugged cable outside the house

r_kuber773, I sent you a private message a few days ago. I reviewed your account and let you details on the outcome of my review. Please post again if you need anything else. 

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

Still no response. Can anyone please help me with this?
Regular Visitor

Would anyone from Comcast at least bother to respond?
Official Employee

r_kuber773, I'll look into this charge. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

r_kuber773, I sent you a private message a few days ago. I reviewed your account and let you details on the outcome of my review. Please post again if you need anything else. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation