Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

5 months - 5 different bill totals after speaking with 16 Agents

Frequent Visitor

5 months - 5 different bill totals after speaking with 16 Agents

I really don't like airing complaints for all to see but I have spoken with 16 different Agents via chat and several 'managers' on the phone and my bill has been different each month since November. I initially reached out to an Agent in order to simply boost my internet speed and thought it would be a simple process. Nice people always.. but one thing lead to another and I ended up being talked into a different package which I thought was going to be around $133/mo. (when I started this process I was paying $105/mo)

I was being sent a different modem with the promise that the $29.95 S/H would be waived. That followed me for several months which made it look like I was not paying the total bill. Then the 15th Agent I chatted with told me I was sent the wrong modem and she sent me a second modem with the promise that 'that' S/H charge of $15 would be waived... it was not... 

I have now had 5 different amounts to pay on my last 5 monthly bills and I don't want to feel like I am being taken advantage of, but for some odd reason nobody can seem to get this fixed although each Agent has told me they would!

I'm also being charged for a little box that I don't have. I have one, but am being charged for two.

And has anyone had an issue with 'new' charges creeping up like weird taxes? I am paying taxes that I have never seen on my bill before and it's not a small amount.... and again, thought I would be paying about $133 total for my service and right now my bill shows $164+. I do copy all of the chats and I have all of the names of the Agents I have spoken with that promised me they would get things back in order.

I do like this company and it was brilliant for the first 4 years, until I chose to get that faster speed. Can someone please help me? I have tried email but never get an answer. I appreaciate any help someone can provide. Please, no flaming this company... that's not what this is about... I simply want good suggestions so I can get this behind me and get my bill back to where it is suppose to be. I feel like I have been overcharged for several months now and that no matter how many Agents I chat with, their main job is to appease me and sell an upcharge. Thank you all who have taken the time to read this and I look forward to some great feedback! If you have experienced this same frustration I would love to know.  

New Poster

Re: 5 months - 5 different bill totals after speaking with 16 Agents

Hi, 
If you call in, someone should be able to immediately apply a credit to your account for the s/h charges as promised while you are on the phone. Keep in mind that any time there are changes to an account there will be pro-rated amounts that will fluctuate on the bill. So you may see a credit and a charge on the same bill to adjust to the new rate.

Also, don't forget that Comcast charges for the service that you are going to use. Not for the service that you have already used.

I'll just pick any month and day as an example, say you made a change on February 5th, in this case, your next bill may have an amount for February and may also have an amount for March because that's your bill (what you are going to use) 

Another example; if you pay the bill and then disconnect 10 days later, then you get a credit back for the other 20 days or so that you have not used yet. With Gas and water for example, are different because you have to consume an amount for them to see how much you used up in order to bill you, but with Comcast its like Rent where you know you are going to live the month and you know what your rent amount is, so it gets paid on the first and then you live the month. Anyway, hope this info helps a little, not only you but also anyone reading it. Take care. Hope everything works out for you. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: 5 months - 5 different bill totals after speaking with 16 Agents

Hey BoriBass!

Thank you so much for the information.. this all made sense to me, so I called 'one last time' and got in touch with a very nice person who actually really helped me today. She listened to my confusion about all of the different rates... lol... and then she explained what I was seeing on my bill and why the last 5 months had all been different. Together we worked on a plan that I can live with. She was extremely helpful!! When I hung up from our conversation I actually felt I had been heard, and that is a 'great' customer service rep!! Kudos to HER!! So my problem has been resolved and I am a happy and satisfied customer!! 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation