Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

5 Calls into Customer Service over 2 Months and my Incorrect Billing has still NOT BEEN RESOLVED!!

ANSWERED
New Poster

5 Calls into Customer Service over 2 Months and my Incorrect Billing has still NOT BEEN RESOLVED!!

Back in October 2017 I called to cancel my NBA League Pass subscription before the season started as I did not want the service for this season.  After a quick phone call I was told that NBA League Pass had been deactivated and no charges would appear.  A few weeks later I checked the amount that was about to be autopaid and it was nearly $400, much higher than my usual monthly charges.  Looking at the billing invoice I saw that not only did Comcast/Xfinity not cancel my NBA LP Subscription but they had charged me the full $199 in one billing rather than spreading it over 4 months as they had done in the past.  I decided to see if NBA LP was working on my account but when I changed the channel onto a game, it stated that I did not subscribe to NBA LP and the screen was black.  So I had been charged for a service (plus taxes) that I personally called to cancel and didn't even have access to even though I was charged.  I called in to try and get credit for the charge and after two phone calls was finally told by a representative that they would credit my account but the credit wouldn't be able to go through until the next bill was created in December.  I told them I couldn't pay the additional $199+ at this time and I was told by the rep to underpay my amount due by $199 and the credit would offset this the next month.  Even though I felt uneasy doing this as I was sure it would create more problems I did as the rep instructed.  Fast forward to this week, my new bill is available, no credit on the account so my account is again showing nearly $400 due, now with late fees as well and a message that my account could be deactivated soon since full payment was not received.  Another 40-minute phone call into customer service today and they were still not able to credit my account today, they said it could be credited on next month's billing.  For some reason I don't trust that this will actually happen and I will still owe the $199 next month with some more late fees charged on top of that.

There is absolutely no reason that Comcast/Xfinity can't give me a credit immediately on my account.  I have been a customer for 13 years with no late payments until instructed by their own rep to do so.  I am very upset that I am being charged late fees for following Xfinity's customer service' advice and the issue still is not resolved.  I do not want to wait for another month to see that the $199 is still there with a fresh batch of late fees.  I have spent hours on the phone with customer service on this issue and it is beyond ridiculous.

Accepted Solution

Re: 5 Calls into Customer Service over 2 Months and my Incorrect Billing has still NOT BEEN RESOL...

Hello semajie13. I can assist with reviewing your account for the credits you were promised. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: 5 Calls into Customer Service over 2 Months and my Incorrect Billing has still NOT BEEN RESOL...

Hello semajie13. I can assist with reviewing your account for the credits you were promised. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Finally got a rep who was able to properly apply the credit.  Although it only covered the incorrect charges, I was still required to pay the extra taxes and late payment charge that came from the first reps telling me to underpay my bill, but I'm not about to call in another 5 times to try and get that money back.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation