Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

$400 Gift Card Scam

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Hello.  I signed up as a new Xfinity customer in September of 2016.  I signed up online for the triple play package, as a new customer, which allowed me to be eligible to receive a $400 Visa gift card after 3 months of my account being in good standing.  As three months passed, I received no gift card.  I called 2 times, of which I spoke to two representatives that assured me that my gift card would be in the mail within 1-2 weeks and the issue was resolved.  After about two weeks, I only received a $50 Visa gift card.  When I called to complain, the woman I spoke to appologized and assured me, again, that my $350 gift card was in the mail.  Again, no gift card showed up.  I then received a call from Pauline, phone number 1800-211-4130, from the company that handles Comcast's promotions, and said she was unable to send me the $350 gift card because Comcast did not approve the ticket yet.  AGAIN, I called comcast, and after almost 2 hours on the phone with Chabrei (#17585) she said that I needed to provide Comcast with the flyer FROM SEPTEMBER, it is now FEBRUARY, that shows the promotion.  WHO would keep that piece of junk mail!?  Chabrei was helpful and gave me the number for the corporate headquarters and advised me to contact them.  I have read many other stories on this forum that explain the exact same problem that I am experiencing and magically, theirs all seem to be resolved.  This is completely ridiculous, and I have wasted countless hours on this scam.  I am hoping that posting this concern publically, will finally get me some help.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Admin1

Message 2 of 4

Hi Alaina909 -- I reviewed your to see why you haven't received your full Visa card amount. In review, the package you signed up for was not eligible for a $400 Visa card. You had signed up for Starter Triple Play. $400 Visa cards would come with higher level packages. We have asked if you still have this flyer because since we have verified Starter Triple Play did not come with a $400 Visa card, we would need something showing that it was supposed to. We will be unable to process any further amounts without this proof. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

When I signed up for service, I specifically asked the gentleman if the package I was purchasing was the one that was eligible for the $400 gift card.  I asked him three different times.  He did not speak English very clearly, but assured me all three times that the answer was yes.  When I had called back months later, they appologized and said they were sending the gift card right away for the whole $400 amount.  I just was promised by Terry on 3/17/17 (which I have through the online chat), that Comcast's "higher agency" would be contacting me in 24-48 hours to give me a permanent solution.  My special request number is 170317-00028.  Another broken promise from Comast.  Over this ordeal, I have spent around 10 hours of my time.  Maybe you should hire employees who do not lie to your customers to make a sale and then you would not have to deal with angry customers who were countlessly promised incentives they did not receive.  As soon as this issue is resolved, I am switching companies.  I even asked for the email or contact to someone from the corporate office, or someone higher up, such as a supervisor, and the agent always assures me that it will be taken care of.  Why is Comast so afraid to direct me to someone who can actually help me?

Posted by
Admin1

Message 4 of 4

I'm sorry to say but this has been reviewed twice now and both reviews have come back with the same result. Starter Triple Play did not come with a $400 Visa card. In order to get that amount processed for you we would need sufficient proof that it was supposed to. Without that proof we will be unable to process anything further. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon