Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$14.99 Broadcast fee? Why? My order was internet only

New Poster

$14.99 Broadcast fee? Why? My order was internet only

When i ordered I ordered internet only and now they're trying to bundle in online TV to con me out of another $14.99 it seems.  I am at day 28 of my 30 day cancellation on this service so I will cancel if this is not resolved.  Hopefully a comcast rep can reach out to me.  When I call all I get are false promises and misinformation.  I have saved the transcript of the chats and I wish I could have recorded the calls as they two are 100% contradictory of each other.  Typical w/ ISPs it appears.  The chat rep also quoted me a price "including tax" with and without eco bill.  Ecobill has yet to be taken out even though I set it up the day I set up the account and the prices I am being charged are much more than i was quoted.  Highly disappointed but not surprised in the least being in IT and dealing w/ ATT/Comcast on a nearly daily basis.

Dave

Service Expert

Re: $14.99 Broadcast fee? Why? My order was internet only

@DaveB77 wrote:

When i ordered I ordered internet only and now they're trying to bundle in online TV to con me out of another $14.99 it seems.  I am at day 28 of my 30 day cancellation on this service so I will cancel if this is not resolved.  Hopefully a comcast rep can reach out to me.  When I call all I get are false promises and misinformation.  I have saved the transcript of the chats and I wish I could have recorded the calls as they two are 100% contradictory of each other.  Typical w/ ISPs it appears.  The chat rep also quoted me a price "including tax" with and without eco bill. 

A chat rep can't reliably give you prices "including tax" because you will have other fees included with your bill, thus your bill wouldn't reflect what the chat rep told you.

Ecobill has yet to be taken out even though I set it up the day I set up the account and the prices I am being charged are much more than i was quoted. 

Ecobill discount doesn't show up until the second or third billing statement.

Highly disappointed but not surprised in the least being in IT and dealing w/ ATT/Comcast on a nearly daily basis.

Dave

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi we're having the same problem with being overcharged. We signed up awhile ago for a new bundle program with the Internet , TV , phone . we had free internet speed increases for about 5 months then since November they've been charging me.
I complained about it and they said I'm not getting. A refund .. I'm going to talk with the Better Business Bureau ; I suggest you do the same. Good luck!
Official Employee

Twestned wrote: Hi we're having the same problem with being overcharged. We signed up awhile ago for a new bundle program with the Internet , TV , phone . we had free internet speed increases for about 5 months then since November they've been charging me. 
I complained about it and they said I'm not getting. A refund .. I'm going to talk with the Better Business Bureau ; I suggest you do the same. Good luck!

I can assist you with removing unwanted charges from your bill, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and I can take a look. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation