members

online now

discussions

speedtest.comcast.net and ipv6...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 7 (1,037 Views)

speedtest.comcast.net and ipv6...

Hello, I'm a new user and a relative novice to technical things but I just had a general question that I thought maybe someone could answer.  I have Comcast internet and I've heard alot in the last few years about the rollout of ipv6, and I noticed that when I check my download and upload speeds on speedtest.comcast.net, it was showing up with icons for both ipv4 and ipv6 when it gives results up until a few weeks ago, all of a sudden it only says ipv4 when I get the results.  Would this have been a result of something I may have done accidentally on my end and not realized it or is it just an issue with the site?  Because I tried multiple servers and none of them are saying ipv6 anymore when I run the test.  Thanks to anyone who can help Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 7 (1,034 Views)

Re: speedtest.comcast.net and ipv6...

Hello,

You can go to the following site to test if you have a ipv6.

test-ipv6.comcast.net

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 3 of 7 (1,029 Views)

Working ok here in Detroit area. ipv4 and ipv6

Posted by
Authorized Vendor

Message 4 of 7 (884 Views)

jmar76 wrote:

Because I tried multiple servers and none of them are saying ipv6 anymore when I run the test.  Thanks to anyone who can help Smiley Happy

I check the CMTS that services your area and it supports v6.  What cable modem and router are you using?

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 7 (810 Views)

Does sound to me as a router issue. I do know sometimes if my modem gets reset, I have to go in to my router settings and refresh those settings.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 7 (760 Views)

ComcastTuska,

I am using the Motorola Surfboard 6141 and the Netgear R6300.  Thanks very much for your help with this.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 7 (759 Views)

Andrew32,

Thanks very much for the suggestion, that's what I've been thinking too although I wasn't sure because I knew when I set the router up I never actually manipulated the settings in the router for ipv6 so I didn't think doing a firmware upgrade and hard resetting would cause this issue, but with technology I guess anything's possible lol.