Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Posted by
Regular Contributor
  • On your way! Congrats on Posting 10 topics!

question about comcast 3 internet speed plans

I have been paying 42.95 plus $5 for modem rental for years, and i just found out that comcast offers 3 different internet speeds.  I don't even know what speed I am paying for.  I looked on my comcast bills and all it says is xfinity internet, no details or anything.  A friend just told me they offer three different internet speeds, can someone here explain the three internet speeds and the prices?  I only use the internet to browse the web and for xbox live.

Posted by
Recognized Contributor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Re: question about comcast 3 internet speed plans

It depends on your area. The performance tier is12mbps download /2mbps upload with power boost just went up to 44.95 for our area,Blast 20mbps download/4mbps upload with power boost 64.95, economy 1.5 mbps download/384 kbps upload 26.95 and a performance plus special new customers 12/2 19.95 . Check your area on Comcast.com shop hsi

Posted by
Regular Contributor

is the economy one any good?  can one get by on that?

Posted by
Connection Expert

If you are just doing general/casual browsing, E-Mail retrival, etc., it should be adequate.