Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Modem can not handle speed paid for

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1 of 3 (509 Views)

Modem can not handle speed paid for

I have a question. I purchased the Premier package a while ago and it says speeds up to 50MBPS. My modem went out and I had a guy come out and replace the 2.0 modem and he said this 2.0 modem does not even handle anything over 30MBPS. I have since requested the 3.0 but how can Comcast charge me for up to 50MBPS and the modem can only handle UP TO 30MBPS? I (lease) this modem for 7.00 per month. Does Comcast not check the speed limits on modems before upgrading packages? I want my money back. (plus modem fees)

WW

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 2 of 3 (291 Views)

Re: Modem can not handle speed paid for

What happened? I have same problem
Posted by
Contributor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 3 of 3 (285 Views)

Re: Modem can not handle speed paid for

wadewynn wrote:

I have a question. I purchased the Premier package a while ago and it says speeds up to 50MBPS. My modem went out and I had a guy come out and replace the 2.0 modem and he said this 2.0 modem does not even handle anything over 30MBPS. I have since requested the 3.0 but how can Comcast charge me for up to 50MBPS and the modem can only handle UP TO 30MBPS? I (lease) this modem for 7.00 per month. Does Comcast not check the speed limits on modems before upgrading packages? I want my money back. (plus modem fees)

WW

Call them if you are leasing & ask for a credit & tell them you want a DOCSIS 3.0 modem!