I signed up for Internet2Go Hotspot on March 3rd. Great product! At first my usage was tracked with about a 1 or 2 day lag time. Then on about March 10th it stopped updating. I could still see the meter and usage details but it wasn't updating. Then on March 15 the cycle reset to zero and it started tracking again daily up until March 24th when it has stopped permanently. I again can still see it and this time it says on the main page "Up to Date as of 3/30 12am midnight". It shows 9% usage at 203MB. Under Usage details it shows 212MB used and lists March 24th as the last day I used WiFi. I have used the wifi several times thereafter but it never updates. I can go into my Mobile Hotspot site account that shows all the details of the modem and everything says it's working fine. The lifetime meter shows about 1.2G and the resettable about 600MB or so since I reset it on March 23rd.
James, Please also post the ticket number for reference..
Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post. Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version? Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.) Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache? Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X Details of the problem you are having.
Ticket #CR241932269. Thank you CCCarole and Detreon for escalating this to the techs. To note, I did update to Internet Explorer 9 on March 26th. Could that possibly have anything to do with it(?). Also, I noticed that my previous (completed) billing cycle from March 3rd through March 15 shows every single day of usage but the meter for me stopped around the 10th. That means my usage is being tracked somewhere but I can't see it. That's not good for billing (my billing) if I go over without knowing.
We're getting somewhere! I just checked my usage (I haven't used wifi since 4/5) and it updated! The main page meter now shows 11% with 232 MG used and updated as of 12am 4/7. However the Detailed usage shows 241MG and only goes up to 3/26 8pm. So I gained 2 days worth of usage history...where are the other 10 days? Maybe it's still being loaded? Obviously, even if the usage meter doesn't read correctly Comcast's internal one does. Still concerned about the missing days and will monitor. Not resolved yet...but 2 days closer...I will post results as they develop....
No resolution yet. I received a message from Comcast today for this ticket # stating the problem was resolved - they reset the modem. I was excited to see the results. I logged on, went to Users & Settings and was surprised at what I saw. An new usage meter for "High Speed Internet Data Usage". I had no idea that this existed for my home computer connected via cable. Then a few moments later my "Internet 2Go Usage" meter popped up and long behold...no change. Nope. Still stuck on March 28th!! ARGHH. They reset the WRONG modem!!! Unreal. My guess is that they closed this ticket and have moved on thinking the problem is resolved. Not even close. I'll email again. Geez. How did they mix up "Internet 2Go" with "High Speed"?? Seriously. Did they even read my concern?? How frustrating. Anyhow...I'll post again with hopefully better results.
Thank you James. Here's what is happening; When first going into Users and Settings I now have the new HSI meter which is ok for my home computer. Never had it before. Then about 1 minute later my Internet 2Go usage meter shows up for my netbook. It states that it is up to date at midnight the same day as we are in. But if I go to Usage Details it shows it is only up to date to March 27 (I erroneously stated the 28th before). So, each night it is updating but for only one day. So, tomorrow when I get up it will show the usage for March 28th. The next day it will show March 29th and so on....but we are well into April. It's like it is stuck on a permanent 13 day lag time. That's the part I need fixed. Total usage is way off due to this lag time.
I have uninstalled Internet Explorer 9 (mainly because I could not post here) but that still has not resolved the issue.
Again thank you! Let's hope this can be fixed and I'm not over charged. I have all but stopped using WiFi for the most part. I am now relying on the lifetime meter of the modem trying to guess my usage.
I am sure that a 13 day lag time in your Internet 2GO usage meter is going to be something that the Comcast ADmin will be interested in. I will add info relating to the time lag to the initial escalation.
Huge improvement. Today the meter is updated through April 9th. That gets me back to my original 1 day lag time. I will accept this as resolved only if it continues to update by itself. Hopefully I won't have to continue to bug Comcast to fix the meter. It's nice knowing that I'm well within my limits and can once again use my netbook with freedom.
Although the main usage meter states it is up to date to 4/11 12am and updated hourly this is not the case. It only updates sometimes at midnight my time, sometimes midnight GMT the next day when looking at detailed usage. That's ok as long as it stays within a day of tracking. i can live with this.
I am marking this as resolved. My internet 2go usage is updating daily and accurately. I'm well within my usage parameters which releaves me that I don't need to check it everyday. If this problem happens again I'll start all over but for now it's working great and I have other things to worry about. Thanks to everyone who helped me out! You made the difference and solved whatever was wrong. Plus I got the added bonus of the home High Speed Internet usage meter when I didn't even know it existed! Thanks again!