online now

discussions

Connection settings

Posted by
Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

Connection settings

Hello,
My girlfriend is using a netgear MR314 wireless router because the only system she has is a latop. she has misplaced the sheet comcast gave her with all the correct settings. does anyone know the settings required to set this up.....if i am correct you have to have the router use the mac address of the orig system that was setup. (if this is true, what do you do if you change nics?) i know the router has 3 connections, (ethernet, pppoe, pptp) but i am not sure which one she had it set to, some how a power loss caused the router to lose her settings......any help would be great, thank you in advance.
1 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 2 (111 Views)

Re: Connection settings

Anon....
Have her just push and hold the "RESET" button on the router (with power ON) for 15-20 seconds...This should reset the router to default readings, which are usually correct to connect to Comcast. AFTER she's back up with a good connection, she'll have to go back and re-enter ANY changes to username/password(s), WEP/WPA encryption keys, etc., since they'll all be taken out with the reset....Good luck!
-->