Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity ultra hd sampler app on 2016 Samsung SUHD TV model UN55KS8500F

Regular Visitor

xfinity ultra hd sampler app on 2016 Samsung SUHD TV model UN55KS8500F

I am trying to use the Xfinity Ultra HD app on my new Samsung SUHD. When I open the app and it ask for my Xfinity username and password, I enter them and Xfinity says they are invalid. I know that is BS, as I can sign in using the TV web browser and view my account.Even though the app is in the app store, is it not compatible with a new model Samsung? Ready to take the TV back to best buy, too new to stream ON DEmand content anyway. Anyone know what the problem is? If it helps the TV model UN55KS8500F

New Poster

Re: xfinity ultra hd sampler app on 2016 Samsung SUHD TV model UN55KS8500F

Try logging out of your Samsung account on the TV then log into the app.  Not sure why but this happens to me when trying to sign into the HBO app (UN65KS8000).  Just an FYI while I haven't use the Xfinity UHD app yet I hear it's not very good and buggy.  :-)  I'd much prefer the Xfinity TV app that shouldn't have been launched by now for Samsung Smart TVs. 

Problem Solver

When you entered your Comcast account name, did you remember to enter "@comcast.net"? Also the account name and password are upper and lower case sensitive. Did you use upper case somewhere in your account name? I made the mistake of using "@comcast.com" when signing on to the Ultra HD Sampler the first time. Easy to do since I saved my passward when using I.E. to sign onto Comcast. It makes it easy to forget if you used upper case in your account name or password.

Also; I found the Ultra HD Sampler app was not functioning yesterday after returning home from travelling. The programers messed up the program sometime in the last 2 weeks.

Problem Solver

There is plenty of 4K and HDR programing to watch on You Tube. Type in "4K", "UHD", or "HDR", to find plenty of UHD programing to test your new SUHD TV. You should have already known that no UHD programing was  not available in the USA for O.T.A., or cable TV at this time. Direct TV has a UHD channel.

The main reason for a 4K television is to get a larger size television screen. I wouldn't have wasted my money on any set less than 65 inches. The television up-scales from 1080p to 4K for HD (or lower) programs makes for a very improved picture. Actual 4K is much better than that.

I have watched over 100 shows on the Ultra HD Sampler since around May of 2016. The Comcast programmers should get the app working again soon with a lot of pestering from me.

Problem Solver

As of 10/14/16, the app was working again after updating my Samsung UHD TV from version 1462 to version 1463.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation