Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity TV Remote App

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

xfinity TV Remote App

Latest upgrade seems to have caused many malfunctions for many of your customers. I have 'chatted', called support several times, and finally viewed the forum to spot a supposed solution. However, when I go to the DVR Account Details, the Username is blank and the primary email is blank.

I also noted that a comcast person suggested that a fix had been released, but suggested no procedure with which to get that fix. I also do not know how to go back to the prior level app.

I do not understand why this is taking so long, nor does it seem that Comcast Support has any sense of urgency to get this fixed.

Don Coker

Accepted Solution

Re: xfinity TV Remote App

drcoker wrote:

Latest upgrade seems to have caused many malfunctions for many of your customers. I have 'chatted', called support several times, and finally viewed the forum to spot a supposed solution. However, when I go to the DVR Account Details, the Username is blank and the primary email is blank.

I also noted that a comcast person suggested that a fix had been released, but suggested no procedure with which to get that fix. I also do not know how to go back to the prior level app.

I do not understand why this is taking so long, nor does it seem that Comcast Support has any sense of urgency to get this fixed.

Don Coker

when the x1 tv does not show a username under account details that has to be fixed by the billing department. When it happened to me they had to remove all equipment and add it back that fixed it for me.

View answer in context
Service Expert

drcoker wrote:

Don Coker

when the x1 tv does not show a username under account details that has to be fixed by the billing department. When it happened to me they had to remove all equipment and add it back that fixed it for me.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I will try your suggestion.
Don Coker
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. This procedure worked.
Don Coker
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the help. It is still confusing to me, but, I will try to sort it out.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation