Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

watching show while recording

Regular Visitor

watching show while recording

Using the Xfinity App on Roku - I am not able to watch a show while it is recording. I get an error message. I also get an error message on my PC if I try to watch the show while it is still recording. this is while I am at my home. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: watching show while recording

thejackeen wrote:

Using the Xfinity App on Roku - I am not able to watch a show while it is recording. I get an error message. I also get an error message on my PC if I try to watch the show while it is still recording. this is while I am at my home. 

Using the apps, recording are available once they have completed not during recording

Edit: You can watch in progress recordings while on home network:

"I Was Watching a Program at Home, but When I Left I Couldn't Watch it on the App

When you're away from your XFINITY home network, you can watch cloud-based DVR recordings over the Internet only after they have finished recording. If the recording was in-progress, you'll have to wait until the recording is complete to watch it on the go."

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/troubleshooting-stream/#home

Expert

Re: watching show while recording

mvenanzi wrote:

thejackeen wrote:

Using the apps, recording are available once they have completed not during recording

my iphone, ipad, android cheapO phone, android tablet all play recordings in process when on the home wifi. I just did a test on all 4 to verify nothing has changed. It is possible that your devices are not set up properly and you are 'being seen' as using the internet (not home internet) to view your recordings which could then count toward your monthly usage. Have you verified the wifi network on the Roku and PC are connected to the 'home' wifi?