Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

movie purchases picture quality issues on Roku Xfinity stream app.

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

movie purchases picture quality issues on Roku Xfinity stream app.

I recently added a Roku to my bedroom TV. I downloaded the Xfinity stream Beta app, so I could watch my TV services in there. I can watch live TV ok. HD channels look good, and my Dvr'd shows are ok too. But I have around 35 purchased movies. However only a handful come in HD. All are HD purchases, and I have the setting to 1080 on the app. I know the Roku isn't the issue, as I noticed all the Marvel movies I own look terrible on Xfinity stream app (not even 480p), however several of them are now on Netflix. Which play perfectly on my Roku (e.g Captain America Civil War, Doctor Strange). I used to work for Comcast until recently this year, so I'm aware the app is in Beta still. But thought perhaps this issue hadn't been mentioned or seen yet, and maybe there is something that can be worked on.
Accepted Solution

Re: movie purchases picture quality issues on Roku Xfinity stream app.

The issue is now resolved. It went through advance repair who created a ticket. I had to resign into the app. The issue was still no o better. However this morning I looked into the Roku's device settings to see if it needed an update. There was a new update, which I did. Now all my movies on the Xfinity App are working fine. Not sure if it was just the update on the Roku it's self, or something Comcast did too. Try updating the device first.
View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello Zkemummy. I can assist with getting your XFINITY Stream App on Roku issue reviewed. 

Can you please provide a list of some of the examples that work in HD and also some examples of the titles in SD that do not work. 

Also, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

All content is HD purchased, the list of movies that I have picture issues with are:
Spider-Man Homecoming
Baby Driver
Captain Underpants
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
The Fate of the Furious (aka F8)
Boss Baby
John Wick: Chapter 2
Beauty and the Beast (both live action and original animated)
Logan
Rouge One
Sing
Moana
Doctor Strange
Arrival
The Secret Life of Pets
X-Men Apocalypse
Captain America: Civil War
As you can see quite a few. The picture quality is lower than even SD quality. They look like a badly pirated movie. Hope you can help. I'll private message you the other info.
New Poster

I have this same issue, is there any update on this?  Thank you

Regular Visitor

The issue is now resolved. It went through advance repair who created a ticket. I had to resign into the app. The issue was still no o better. However this morning I looked into the Roku's device settings to see if it needed an update. There was a new update, which I did. Now all my movies on the Xfinity App are working fine. Not sure if it was just the update on the Roku it's self, or something Comcast did too. Try updating the device first.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation