Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

mlb extra innings stream

New Poster

mlb extra innings stream

I am an X1 user and frequently use my mobile phone or laptop computer in my home to watch DVR recordings. I subscribe to MLB Extra Innings and all of a sudden I can't watch the baseball games I have recorded on the DVR on my phone or laptop. When I access the Xfinity website or the Xfinity Stream app, the recording of the baseball games doesn't even appear under my recordings. It does appear if I try to watch directly through my DVR on the tv. In fact, the MLB Extra Innings channels (771-779) don't even appear on the Guide if I access it through my phone or laptop. I really don't understand because as of two days ago I had been able to watch the recorded baseball games on both my phone and laptop. Can someone help?

New Poster

Re: mlb extra innings stream

I'm still hoping for some help with this- it's really a major problem for me. I can't use my TV at home to watch any programming so I use my laptop and phone to watch at home instead. I'm spending a lot of money to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings which I'm now effectively unable to use since I can't access any of the baseball games on my phone or laptop- whether I try to watch live or as a DVR recording.

Again- I'm trying to watch IN-HOME so there shouldn't be a problem- yet there is. All other DVR recordings show up on my phone and laptop as usual, no problem. Only the MLB games do not. PLEASE HELP!!!

Official Employee

Re: mlb extra innings stream

Dada2 wrote:

I'm still hoping for some help with this- it's really a major problem for me. I can't use my TV at home to watch any programming so I use my laptop and phone to watch at home instead. I'm spending a lot of money to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings which I'm now effectively unable to use since I can't access any of the baseball games on my phone or laptop- whether I try to watch live or as a DVR recording.

Again- I'm trying to watch IN-HOME so there shouldn't be a problem- yet there is. All other DVR recordings show up on my phone and laptop as usual, no problem. Only the MLB games do not. PLEASE HELP!!!

Sorry for the trouble. I checked your account and looked at your linear lineup (the live TV channels available to you). The MLB channels you mentioned 771+ are showing as "unavailable" as "IP Steams" (the type displayed in the app and recorded by the Cloud DVR). I did a refresh on your account but that didn't resolve it. 

Unfortunately, that's the extent of my abilities (I don't work in customer support - just help on here during my spare time). I suggest you call 800-XFINITY and have them open a support ticket.  Tell them that the "IP streams for these channels are not available in your channel lineup when looking at the X-Ray tool".  The agent should know what that means but, if not, ask to be escalated to tier 2 or higher support.  Again, very sorry and wish I could do more than just provide information.

-ComcastDan

PS - I think MLB is refundable within 30 days of the season start.  Or perhaps request a credit since this is an expensive package and you aren't able to take full advantage of it.