Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

[iPhone] New TV Remote App (Version 3.0.0) Won't Let Me Log In

Contributor

[iPhone] New TV Remote App (Version 3.0.0) Won't Let Me Log In

I just downloaded the updated version of the TV Remote App (version 3.0.0) and I can't log in. I get the error message:

"Access not Authorized.

You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service."

I have no problem signing in anywhere else. My password is copy-and-pasted from password safe, so I know I'm not typing it wrong.

Is there something I can do to fix this, or is this a bug in the new app? (I still have the old version if I need to go back.)

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.0.1

Accepted Solutions
Administrator

Re: [iPhone] New TV Remote App (Version 3.0.0) Won't Let Me Log In

Hi everyone, a patch has gone out for XTV Remote iOS v3.0.0 . Everyone should be able to sign in without problems, if you continue to have issues please let us know and we will have this looked into. 

All Replies
Regular Visitor

Same issue here.  All the other apps log in correctly, but this app defaults to the same issue:

"Access not Authorized.

You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service."

New Poster

Same issue here. Chatted with support. Their advice was to delete and reinstall. No help.

New Poster

Same issue as well. Delete and re-install dis not fix. Pity as it has been a useful app.
Regular Contributor

If you are a Comcast Customer are you not an xfinity user?

All of the sudden, I can no longer use my iPad as a remote. It wants me to sign in, which I haven't had to do since I first downloaded the app, and it tells me "access not authorized" sign in successful, but I must be an xfinity user to "enjoy this service?"  I have cable and Internet, am I not an xfinity user?

Frequent Visitor

Same results here using the app on my iPad. Deleted and reinstalled without fixing it. I still have the old version on my iPhone and it works fine. This was an app that I used quite frequently. Hopefully they will recognize that it needs to be fixed.

New Poster

Yes same exact issue using a iPad Pro? Thanks X1

PS maybe your developers should test

their updates before releasing to your customers

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, app used to work fine till this "update" today broke it. Great job Comcast. Like the poster before me said, maybe try testing the apps before you release them.

Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same issue iPhone 6 Plus. I have deleted and installed numerous times with the same error.

New Poster

Same issue here

New Poster

Re: If you are a Comcast Customer are you not an xfinity user?

I am having the same problem on my iPhone.  The old app worked just fine, now after the upgrade, I am not authroized.  Makes not sense.

Official Employee

Hey All, we're aware of an issue with the TV Remote App and are currently working on a solution. Apologize for the inconvenience but will update when we have more on the status. 

Contributor

I deleted Version 3.0.0, and restored Version 2.3.  I was able to login to the old version with no issues.

Hey Comcast! Here are today's special words! "Regression Testing!" Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

How do you restore the old version?

New Poster

Not sure why these geniuses would release a flawed app during the first week of the network premiere season.  Fortunately, I have a TiVO and their app is working.  This seems like a silly flaw where someone forgot to set a switch before they released the update but that's just a guess on my part.  I am glad to know that I'm not the only one inconvienced by this.

New Poster

Please tell your customer service reps that this is a problem. 

Regular Contributor

Yeah, I can see the listings with my actual remote, but it's so much more convenient to use my iPad.  Especially when I'm watching a program and I want to see what's on other channels. 

Frequent Visitor

Glad I'm not the only one.  Same problem here.  However, the App version is 3.9.0 for me (iPhone 6s, iOS 10.0.1).  Also just noticed they're aware of the problem and working on it. 

New Poster

REMOTE TV APP not working properly

I have iOS 10 downloaded on my tablet. I did the the update to the TV Remote app Now it says I'm not and authorized user. Called Comcast or XFINITY they say I have to be patience while they figure out the problem. So if you have IOS 10 don't do the update to the app. Wait Wait

Contributor

If you upgrade via iTunes, the old version is moved to the trash.

1. Remove the old version from the trash and put it some place safe.
  2. Next, delete the new version from both iTunes and your iDevice.
  3. Double click on your saved copy of the old version. iTunes will automatically copy it and make it available for installation on your iDevice.

If you upgrade directly on the iDevice, I'm not sure there's a way to go back.

Regular Contributor

Mine automatically upadates.  Not sure I can go back. 

Administrator

Hi everyone, a patch has gone out for XTV Remote iOS v3.0.0 . Everyone should be able to sign in without problems, if you continue to have issues please let us know and we will have this looked into. 

Regular Visitor

Looks like it's fixed.  Logged in without issue.

New Poster

Only partially fixed here. I can login and see TV listings however it can't find either of my DVRs.

Regular Visitor

I had that at first also. Logged out and in again and it seemed to work. Maybe just too 2 or 3 min.
New Poster

I can now login. I can see TV listings however the app does not see either of my DVRs. Please tell me how to resolve this situation.

Frequent Visitor

Working for me too. Only problem was after signing in, the guide was blank. Signing out and back in again fixed that. Could see DVRs the first time. For those that can't see their DVRs, have you tried signing out and back in again?
New Poster

Still unable to use app. 

Access not Authorized

You signed in successfully, but you must be an XFINITY user to enjoy this service

New Poster

I can log in, but the listings I'm seeing appear are from a different market + my dvr recordings and schedule are not available. (My priority list is.)

Expert

lambertman wrote:

I can log in, but the listings I'm seeing appear are from a different market + my dvr recordings and schedule are not available. (My priority list is.)

call 800-comcast and select billing. The billing representative should be able to resolve this issue for you.

Regular Visitor

Tv remote app

It appears the app stays connected even if you're not using it. Another app is not working while logged in to tv remote, logging out of tv remote fixes this.

Administrator

debrajames wrote:

Still unable to use app. 

Access not Authorized

You signed in successfully, but you must be an XFINITY user to enjoy this service

Try signing out and sininging back in, if that does not work try unisntalling the app and re-install it. 

New Poster

My issue has sorted itself out.

Administrator

lambertman wrote:

My issue has sorted itself out.

Good to hear, hoping it stays well for you and everyone else that was having the issue. 

Contributor

When I set up a series recording on my tv remote app, it shows up in my priority manager, but no shows are set to record. I checked all of the tv settings and they are correct. 

Expert

hsciii wrote:

When I set up a series recording on my tv remote app, it shows up in my priority manager, but no shows are set to record. I checked all of the tv settings and they are correct. 

good catch. I just set a series recording for ABC HD Notorius and it shows up in priority manager but no recordings, even one in progress now are shown to be recording in scheduled.

I did look at the actual DVR and it started recording the current episode. Apparently the new TV Remote app is not updating in real time.

New Poster

I did try signing out and in. I did uninstall and reinstall the app. Still getting the same message

New Poster

Not an iphone, but a tablet.

Regular Contributor

No problem logging in, but half the functionality of the app is gone.  I can no longer see what shows I've recorded, what shows are schedules nor can I record new shows from either my iphone or ipad.  What happens when I'm on the road, vacation or just not home?  Why remove that ability?  It was one of the more useful aspects of the app.  Not everyone sits in front of their TV to program it.  I can't go back to the old app, so TV remote needs to be fixed.

Expert

orfartenbuehl wrote:

No problem logging in, but half the functionality of the app is gone.  I can no longer see what shows I've recorded, what shows are schedules nor can I record new shows from either my iphone or ipad.  What happens when I'm on the road, vacation or just not home?  Why remove that ability?  It was one of the more useful aspects of the app.  Not everyone sits in front of their TV to program it.  I can't go back to the old app, so TV remote needs to be fixed.

apparently it was a server problem. go to settings and log out of the app. then log back in.

New Poster

I can log into the TV Remote app 3.0.0.117 but it does does not recognize either of my HD DVRs. The prior version worked just fine on IOS 10.0.1. Phone reps told me to uninstall/reinstall (no luck) and then to contact Apple (not an Apple issue). 

New Poster

I can log into the TV Remote app 3.0.0.117 but it does does not recognize either of my HD DVRs. The prior version worked just fine on IOS 10.0.1. Phone reps told me to uninstall/reinstall (no luck) and then to contact Apple (not an Apple issue).