Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

iOS Xfinity TV App, Error 101000 watching while recording, Stream TV subscriber

New Poster

iOS Xfinity TV App, Error 101000 watching while recording, Stream TV subscriber

I'm a Stream TV subscriber in Boston. One hundred percent of the time the Xfinity TV app, while watching a program that is currently being recorded, will stop playback after a very short time (1, 2, 3 minutes) and throw an Error 101000 (only, with no other error numbers displayed), forcing me to re-start the playback every few minutes. It's 50/50 whether it even resumes from the correct place again. This happens regardless of what channel is involved. Other notes:

• The problem does NOT occur if I watch from my PC and Web browser via tv.xfinity.com.
  • Again, the problem only occurs watching a program that is currently being recorded. I can watch just fine after the recording is completed.
  • Although it should be clear from my specifics on the issue, it's not a bandwidth problem. I'm seeing a reliable 200MB+ down at the non-Xfinity cable modem, and 125MB at the iPad with the app. PC and iPad are on the same rock-solid 5GHz wireless network.
  • No other issues on the iPad using the Xfinity TV app for anyting else, such as: watching live TV, watching on-demand HBO, watching recordings that are completed. It only occurs with trying to watch a program whose recording is under way.
  • It's not this specific iPad. Same problem occurs when I experimented and tried to watch on my iPhone.
  • iOS and the app are both updated to current version.
  • Problem always occurs. 100% repeatable.

Would be delighted to have suggestions, or better yet, a solution! Thanks in advance.

New Poster

Re: iOS Xfinity TV App, Error 101000 watching while recording, Stream TV subscriber

Nobody has any suggestions on this? Smiley Sad Error continues as usual, 100% of the time, 100% reproducible as I described, screen shot of what the NFL playoffs look like to me right now.

Tags (2)
File Jan 14, 8 49 29 PM.png
New Poster

Re: iOS Xfinity TV App, Error 101000 watching while recording, Stream TV subscriber

+1 For the detailed write up!

I've experienced the same issue (exactly how you've described it) for quite some time now (at least a year, if not longer).

Unfortunately, I highly doubt Xfinity will reply/acknowledge the issue. Let alone fix it!

...but, we can always dream! Smiley Wink
New Poster

I too have this issue- I am Massachusetts resident wintering in Florida so same problem here - strangely if iPhone stream doesn't work I can sometime watch on iPad- but it's hit it miss- I recently had a new error "500" - would not let me watch a live show-I rebooted- deleted cookies- etc etc ugh - sadly only game in town- I am going to call tech support to see if they can offer any solution- not hopeful - will update
Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation