Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

hotspots will not connect

ANSWERED
New Poster

hotspots will not connect

When I connect to a hotspot and type in my credentials, I get a message saying I do not have service.

I think that is because my primary address on my account is my old house where I no longer have service. I have been told this is correct.

I have been trying to have this fixed for about 6 months. But the people on chat or on the phone can not fix the problem, and it gets esculated.

Once esculated, the person who is then in charge of it calls twice and then cancels the ticket because they can not get in touch with us.

We are busy. We do not have a lot of time to answer phones. I find it very curious that they need to talk to me. They can not just remove it from my account?

Someone called and did get in touch with me and asked if I moved because someone else wanted to put service at that address but it showed up on my account. I said yes. If the address is active under someone else's name, you still need to talk to me to get rid of it? Or at least make the one that we are paying for the active one.

It is very frustrating when someone says I can not help you but will you please buy more stuff? And also I talked to someone who did not know very much compaired to most people. He told me to install the app. Any customer service evaluation that is done in front of the person being evaluated is useless.

Accepted Solution

Re: hotspots will not connect

Someone called me and fixed the problem.

View answer in context
New Poster

I did not post identifing info because I was told not to. And I read a post where
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/5931719 was able to tell what kind of modem a poster
had, so I guess if someone wants to help me they can.

Official Employee

Hi intensitysuprem, I have responded to your private message. The reason we need to get in contact you is because the username you are requesting that we transfer is on another with another account holder. We would need to verify with both parties before transferring this email to your new account.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I went to a retail location today and they could not make any changes. But they suggested that I make a new
account. I talked to Rajeev. CHAT ID: DBDD327A-9905-4622-A7CC-93DCB1EDE950. He was very helpful and patient
with my issue. But right when it seemed like it would be completed, the service went out! Not sure but think I
was there about a half hour. Will try again tomorrow.

New Poster

I keep trying to do this again but it keeps saying the wait will be a long time.

New Poster

Someone called me and fixed the problem.

Official Employee

Thank you for the update and glad your issue was finally able to get resolved.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation