Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Remote app not working on Ipads and Android Phones

New Poster

Xfinity TV Remote app not working on Ipads and Android Phones

My Xfinity TV Remote Apps stopped working on my Ipad and Android phone.

On Android phone:

Uninstalled and reinstalled app.  Now get "Error 500" message every time when signing in thru the "Get Started" screen with my Comcast username and password.  Cannot get pass this error message.

On Ipad:

Uninstalled and reinstalled app.  I am able to sign in with my Comcast username and password.  Get message "Data Unavailable. We're experiencing some difficulties. You can continue using the app, but not all areas will be working."  No screens work on the app - TV listing screen and On Demand screens are blank.  I do not see my DVR device in the settings screen.  There is no place in settings screen to select a Channel Lineup.

There are numerous complaints of the app not working, both in forums and in app reviews, but I have not found any guidance, solutions, or acknowledgements from Comcast on this.

Can someone advise on where to find solutions or useful discussions on this topic?

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app not working on Ipads and Android Phones

same problem here as well as numerous similar commebnts i. the app review notes. Three weeks and three hour long calls with tech support and one service call
to house and issue is the same and not resolved. Does anyone at Comcast have a clue how to fix this problem?
New Poster

I found a fix for all that are getting no data available error messages(at least it worked for me). Scrowl down on the "App Details" section on the Apple App Store for Xfinity TV Remote. Select "Developer Website". This will open a safari page. Scrowl down to the bottom and there should be a link that say "Find your Comcast ID. Select that and it will open another page which allows you to select several methods to find you ID. In my case it gave me a comcast.net email address versus the email address I had always used. After I logged out of TV Remote and logged back in with the new comcast ID, everything started to work. This method will hopefully allow you to fix the TV Rmote without having to contact Comcast Support. And as for Comcast App Developemnet team, COME ON, put some notes in the app details page if you are going to change an ID that allows the app to work.

New Poster

Thank you! This worked.

New Poster

Was able to follow the nstructions to get the alternate ID, but can't figure out how to manage the password. It will not accept my regular password as that matches with the other ID. How did you set a password for the new alternate ID?

New Poster

All fixed! Thank you. Contacted Comcast Chat for the PW help.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation