Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity TV Remote App for iPhone

New Poster

Xfinity TV Remote App for iPhone

For the past several weeks whenever I open the Xfinity remote app on my iPhone 6s and iPad 3 I get a message "Guide Data Missing" and unable to see the TV listings, change the channel or program my DVR.  I tried reloading the app but the problem persists.  Does anyone else have or had this problem.  Is there any way to fix it?

Expert

Re: Xfinity TV Remote App for iPhone

avas wrote:

For the past several weeks whenever I open the Xfinity remote app on my iPhone 6s and iPad 3 I get a message "Guide Data Missing" and unable to see the TV listings, change the channel or program my DVR.  I tried reloading the app but the problem persists.  Does anyone else have or had this problem.  Is there any way to fix it?

no reports like this, works on all my iStuff. standard fix is to hard boot the iDevice (hold home and power buttons until device reboots - about 20-30 seconds normally). If that does not re-enable the app, log out of the app, delete the app, and reinstall the app. would you post back your results?

New Poster

I rebooted my iPhone. that didn't help, then I deleted the app and reloaded it but that didn't fix it either.

File Nov 04, 10 30 01 PM.png

Official Employee

avas wrote:

I rebooted my iPhone. that didn't help, then I deleted the app and reloaded it but that didn't fix it either.

File Nov 04, 10 30 01 PM.png

Are you signing in with a comcast.net username? We've seen this issue when accounts are listed as "bill payer" only in our backend systems.  If this is the case for you, it may be solved by visiting the following link and setting up or retrieving your XFINITY username:

https://www.xfinity.com/getstarted/

-or-

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/

New Poster

I don't have Comcast Internet and sign in under my yahoo.com username.

New Poster

Having same issues with xfinity tv remote app. It started after latest apple iPhone update 10. App is useless. I have reloaded , rebooted. It's defiantly a software issue.
Regular Visitor

Am having the same problem. Hit or miss with the guide populating. 

Expert

Denise25 wrote:
Having same issues with xfinity tv remote app. It started after latest apple iPhone update 10. App is useless. I have reloaded , rebooted. It's defiantly a software issue.

i use it daily on iphone and iPad  without issues. standard iDevice fix is first try a hard reboot (press and hold the power button and home button for 30 seconds or so 'until' device reboots. Try the app and if not fixed, uninstall and reinstall the app.