Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV App (X1 Platform)

ANSWERED
Contributor

Xfinity TV App (X1 Platform)

My Xfinity TV app no longer provides access to live TV on my home network. It had previously worked OK, with occasional lapses when the app updated. After the recent March 2016 app update and my acquisition of an iPad Pro, the app stopped working and would only lead me to the dreaded Good News! screen. After some comcummications with Comcast staff, the app now gives me a listings guide, but only with TV Go options. When I try to access a TV Go option from the listings , the app says I need a subscription and includes error number 12012. I have the separate TV Go app and it works fine with all of the channels for which I supposedly don't have a subscription as noted on Xfinity TV. My point is that I would like to have access to all live channels via the Xfinity TV app on my home network.

The Comcast Engineering Department is supposedly working on my situation, but I'm posting this to see if any other users have devised a work-around to fix the problem. I have tried all of the usual fixes: deleting and downloading the app, resetting the iPad Pro, rebooting the modem and separate router, a novena, etc.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV App (X1 Platform)

The Xfinity TV app is now working fine on my iPad Pro. I don't know if someone from Comcast saw my earlier posting from today and fixed it for me, but if they did, thank you!

View answer in context
Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV App (X1 Platform)

The Xfinity TV app is now working fine on my iPad Pro. I don't know if someone from Comcast saw my earlier posting from today and fixed it for me, but if they did, thank you!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation