Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Remote App won't play XOD items

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Remote App won't play XOD items

Xfinity TV Remote App is linked fine and I can change channels using the guide etc. but whilst I can view the XOD page and see all the XOD content I get the same error every time I try to play any XOD content which states  "Our services are telling us something went wrong etc etc .... " and basically says to just try again - no solution provided!! Simply does not work which makes the app fairly useless imo. Is there a solution to this?

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Remote App won't play XOD items

Surely I am not the only one with this issue? Smiley Happy  Was hoping for at least to have had someone replicate this - anyone?  Very frustrating to not have this work.

Service Expert

Ciaranob wrote:

Xfinity TV Remote App is linked fine and I can change channels using the guide etc. but whilst I can view the XOD page and see all the XOD content I get the same error every time I try to play any XOD content which states  "Our services are telling us something went wrong etc etc .... " and basically says to just try again - no solution provided!! Simply does not work which makes the app fairly useless imo. Is there a solution to this?

You wrote your post in the TV app (Xfinity TV app) area. Your question relates using the Xfinity TV remote app which doesn't play any asset on your smart device, it just starts it playing on your set top box. Please explain what you are using and what is not working.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Apologies for wrong area - thought I described the issue I am having clearly - never said I was trying to play anything on my mobile device rather I am simply trying to get teh remote to work with XOD content on the TV.  

When trying to use the TV Remote app to select XOD content to play on the TV it gives the dialog error as described in prior email.  Selecting any of the TV listings/channels from the TV guide section in the Remote app works just fine and I can browse allteh XOD content just fine, however selecting the "Watch XOD" button for any selected XOD item does not work.  Clear?

Service Expert

Ciaranob wrote:

Apologies for wrong area - thought I described the issue I am having clearly - never said I was trying to play anything on my mobile device rather I am simply trying to get teh remote to work with XOD content on the TV.  

When trying to use the TV Remote app to select XOD content to play on the TV it gives the dialog error as described in prior email.  Selecting any of the TV listings/channels from the TV guide section in the Remote app works just fine and I can browse allteh XOD content just fine, however selecting the "Watch XOD" button for any selected XOD item does not work.  Clear?

On the TV Remote app, touch the "TV" icon and the eligible devices will appear. is one checked? are those the names of your set top boxes? 

Do you have a DVR? if so, try playing a completed recording.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes already confirmed that I was connected to the HD box/TV (even remaned it to be doubly sure on setup - it had automatically recognized my setup) - again as I mentioned I can change live channels using the TV Remote i.e. clearly I am connected to the right TV and box.  I can also see and browse all the On Demand content on the remote app but the remote app perhaps is not 'tuned' to the XOD content despite the channel line up being fully accesible - quite frustrating!  Dont have/use a DVR and not as such related to this issue.

Service Expert

Ciaranob wrote:

Yes already confirmed that I was connected to the HD box/TV (even remaned it to be doubly sure on setup - it had automatically recognized my setup) - again as I mentioned I can change live channels using the TV Remote i.e. clearly I am connected to the right TV and box.  I can also see and browse all the On Demand content on the remote app but the remote app perhaps is not 'tuned' to the XOD content despite the channel line up being fully accesible - quite frustrating!  Dont have/use a DVR and not as such related to this issue.

I'm sure it is pretty frustrating. I think next I would call 800-Comcast and select billing, 'representative'. Ask the representative to check your account status and rate codes for using on-demand. Be sure to explain it is not working from the mobile app xfinity TV Remote. If you are not on X1 entertainment system equipment, they might have a good offer to get you converted over to X1.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thx - to be clear, I can watch all the XOD content on the TV using the normal but antiquated TV interface - it is jus tthe Remote App that cannot seem to select and send the play command to the TV.  But indeed my next port of call was to go to the source!

New Poster

Hello, did you find a resolution to this problem? I have had the  exact same problem with this app and it is very frustrating. 

Contributor

I recall having this issue before and I remember it was because I was selecting an OnDemand program to which I did not subscribe (Starz, Cinemax, etc.).

Is the issue happening on ALL on demand offerings? Could you try something from a local station you KNOW you have access to?

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Has anyone found a resolution?
New Poster

I have the exact same problem. Has anyone found a solution? Xfinity/Comcast will you help us please?
Service Expert

Christeegee wrote:
I have the exact same problem. Has anyone found a solution? Xfinity/Comcast will you help us please?

does the same asset play on a desk/laptop or on a smart iOS or Android device?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

Christy, I'm seeing no set-top boxes on your account—only mobile and PC devices. To be able to tune OnDemand assets via the TV Remote app, you must have a TV box to tune. 

If you are using the Xfinity Stream app and not the TV Remote app, you are having a different problem than the person who started this thread and may want to start a different thread with more details about the problem you are experiencing.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation