Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 Apps Are Not Finding Box

ANSWERED
Contributor

X1 Apps Are Not Finding Box

The tv remote app (IOS) doesn't find my x1 box at all.  The tv app lets me sign in and set things to record; however, the recordings do not match what is on my actual DVR.  The two do not sync at all.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Re: X1 Apps Are Not Finding Box

I checked up on this. We got the other DVR, that you had exchanged, moved for that Back End program. Can you test your apps now? You may need to reset your boxes and re-install the apps for this to work. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

mkdavis1977 wrote:

The tv remote app (IOS) doesn't find my x1 box at all.  The tv app lets me sign in and set things to record; however, the recordings do not match what is on my actual DVR.  The two do not sync at all.

Any ideas?

Mine are there.  Maybe it takes some time to populate to the app?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

mkdavis1977 wrote:

Any ideas?

Call in and they can check your account information and make sure everything is synched up properly.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks.  What is the best number to call?

Contributor

They sent a refresh signal from their end, and it did not change anything.  Still cannot use the x1 apps.

Official Employee

Did it ever work? Do the names of the boxes match up on the app? Did you move? Have you tried uninstalling/installing the app?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

They did with my first box.  This is my second x1 dvr box in a week.  The first kept freezing, so I returned it a couple days ago.  When I got the new box, I had to enter all information again.  Now the remote app can't find my box, and the tv app only shows recordings from my first box that was set up.  I think my profile is pointing to the old box/first time it was set up.  If that makes any sense.

I have removed the apps from my iphone 6, etc.

Contributor

Also, this is a different problem, but the x1 apps such as Pandora don't show up in my comcast.com/profile.  That is why I think there is a problem with the profile.

Contributor

The new x1 dvr box works great by the way.  No more freezing.  Just lost any online functionality related to the new box.

Official Employee

mkdavis1977 wrote:

They did with my first box.  This is my second x1 dvr box in a week.  The first kept freezing, so I returned it a couple days ago.  When I got the new box, I had to enter all information again.  Now the remote app can't find my box, and the tv app only shows recordings from my first box that was set up.  I think my profile is pointing to the old box/first time it was set up.  If that makes any sense.

I have removed the apps from my iphone 6, etc.

That would explain it. It can take a few days to get the old box information out of the back end and the new box information in.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Sounds reasonable.  I will wait a couple more days and report back as to whether is has been resolved.  Thank you.

Contributor

Nothing has changed.  My x1 boxes are working great, but I still do not have online functionality.  The remote app does not find my boxes, and the TV app is not pointing to my current x1 DVR box.  In other words, I cannot set an online recording for my boxes at home.  Also, my comcast.com/profile does not list any of the apps such as Pandora.  

Again, I think something is wrong with my profile, but I have had no luck resolving to this point.  Any help would be  greatly apprciated.

Service Expert

If I had your issues, I would continue to call Comcast and try to get to Tech Support.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Believe me I have tried.  I have a help ticket, and received a call on Monday at about 2pm from technical support.  I could not answer the call because I was in a meeting at that time.  I called back as soon as I could that day, and have called every day since, but the representative has neither answered nor returned my messages.  I understand they are busy, but I'd really really like to get some help from someone.  This has to be a simple fix on their end.

Contributor

Still cannot use the remote app or record with tv app. Also cannot see Pandora or other apps on my comcast profile. Any chance one of the Comcast guys on this board can view my profile?
Service Expert

mkdavis1977 wrote:
Still cannot use the remote app or record with tv app. Also cannot see Pandora or other apps on my comcast profile. Any chance one of the Comcast guys on this board can view my profile?

Call Comcast customer support and ask them to refresh your "entitlements".

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

mkdavis1977 wrote:

for setting up userid/pass for pandora go to https://secure.xfinity.com/profile

on one of your x1 devices press the xfinity button >> gear (settings) >> My Account >> Account Details. note the Username on that screen. Use that username to log into your My Account App on a smart device (apple or android phone/tablet). Does that login work? does it show your interent tab and TV tab? does it show under TV tab the channels that are in your subscription? 

If the username/pass works on that app, use same username/pass on the TV app. View your recordings, are they listed? Have you accepted the terms/conditions for the cloud DVR?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Thanks for the response RustyBen. My account details username matches what I am entering into the app. The remote app still doesn't find my boxes and the tv app allows me to sign in and set a recording, but the recordings do not show up on my box, just the app.

When I go to https://secure.xfinity.com/profile, neither Pandora nor any other app shows up, so I can't sign into it either.

Not sure what needs to happen to fix my problems. I didn't realize how much I used the online functionality until I couldn't use it. Really stinks that since switching to X1 I've lost it.

Service Expert

mkdavis1977 wrote:
Thanks for the response RustyBen. My account details username matches what I am entering into the app. The remote app still doesn't find my boxes and the tv app allows me to sign in and set a recording, but the recordings do not show up on my box, just the app.

When I go to https://secure.xfinity.com/profile, neither Pandora nor any other app shows up, so I can't sign into it either.

Not sure what needs to happen to fix my problems. I didn't realize how much I used the online functionality until I couldn't use it. Really stinks that since switching to X1 I've lost it.

Did you call Comcast and explain to them exactly what you have said here about your profile?  Maybe something is wrong with your "entitlements".

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Just as an update, my problem has not been resolved.  I've spent countless hours on the phone with Xfinity, and no one can solve my problem.  I have absolutely no online functionality with X1.  I cannot set a recording via the web or app.  Also, none of the apps such as Pandora work because that requires me to be able to see them in my profile which I cannot.  Apparently, if I want to keep X1, I just have to live without the functions that everyone else has.  The only other thing that I can think might work would be a factory reset on my box, but I have no idea how to accomplish that, and I'm simply tired of calling/speaking with customer service.  All I can say is that I hope no one else has this issue, but Comcast/Xfinity has NO IDEA how to solve it.

Service Expert

Apps arent available with the RNG150.  Is that the box you have?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/?MAR=HOME_AX06.16

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

RobertWy wrote:

Apps arent available with the RNG150.  Is that the box you have?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/?MAR=HOME_AX06.16

Robert, it's Internet apps that aren't available. There are other apps available.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

mkdavis1977 wrote:

Just as an update, my problem has not been resolved.  I've spent countless hours on the phone with Xfinity, and no one can solve my problem.  I have absolutely no online functionality with X1.  I cannot set a recording via the web or app.  Also, none of the apps such as Pandora work because that requires me to be able to see them in my profile which I cannot.  Apparently, if I want to keep X1, I just have to live without the functions that everyone else has.  The only other thing that I can think might work would be a factory reset on my box, but I have no idea how to accomplish that, and I'm simply tired of calling/speaking with customer service.  All I can say is that I hope no one else has this issue, but Comcast/Xfinity has NO IDEA how to solve it.

Check your private messages.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Admin1

mkdavis1977 -- I reviewed your account and have found what's causing this issue. You had exchanged a DVR recently, which is no longer linked to your account, however a Back End program still has it listed. Your Apps are linking to this DVR that you don't have. What will need to happen is that we'll need to run some Back End support on your account to remove this other DVR and link your Apps with the DVR you actually have. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Sounds great!!!  Thank you for the ongoing assistance and update!

Admin1

You're welcome. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Admin1

I checked up on this. We got the other DVR, that you had exchanged, moved for that Back End program. Can you test your apps now? You may need to reset your boxes and re-install the apps for this to work. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

As soon as I get home from work this evening, I will reset the boxes and reinstall the apps to see if the issue has been resolved.  Then I will report back to you the results.  Thanks.

Contributor

Success!!!  Both the remote and tv app seem to now work.  I did lose my recordings and presets, but that is a small price to pay.  

Different type of problem, but what doesn't appear to be working is the Pandora.  When I try and open Pandora on my xfinity X1 box, I get error message APPS-04089.

Thank you to both Comcast Andrew and Comcast Zach for all your help resolving my issues to this point!  Truly appreciated.

Contributor

The APPS-04089 message says there is an issue with my profile.
Service Expert

mkdavis1977 wrote:

Success!!!  Both the remote and tv app seem to now work.  I did lose my recordings and presets, but that is a small price to pay.  

Different type of problem, but what doesn't appear to be working is the Pandora.  When I try and open Pandora on my xfinity X1 box, I get error message APPS-04089.

Thank you to both Comcast Andrew and Comcast Zach for all your help resolving my issues to this point!  Truly appreciated.

Try going to this link to check or re-do settings.

https://secure.xfinity.com/profile/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Everything is now working!!!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help provided.  If my wife and I have another child it is going to be a tough decision whether to go with ComcastZach or ComcastAndrew as the middle name!  Thank you again guys.

Admin1

You're welcome! I call dibs on middle name rights ;-) 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation