Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Why does Stream TV have "In-Home" listings?

New Poster

Why does Stream TV have "In-Home" listings?

The point of Stream TV is to be able to watch tv on the go. Why are some listings "In-Home"? That defeats the purpose of this app. And I'm paying way too much for cable to still have comercials on this app. Comcast has to do better or the new video streaming apps (that's cheaper and has no comercials) will put them out of business.

Expert

Re: Why does Stream TV have "In-Home" listings?

Anderson6209 wrote:

The point of Stream TV is to be able to watch tv on the go. Why are some listings "In-Home"? That defeats the purpose of this app. And I'm paying way too much for cable to still have comercials on this app. Comcast has to do better or the new video streaming apps (that's cheaper and has no comercials) will put them out of business.

when you are in home (or out of home) the stream TV app will select the best version of any linear channel you select automatically. If you select SD CNN for example and are in home, the Stream app will give you the HD version (presumes you have HD service) of the same channel. If you are out of the home ()not on your home wifi) the stream app will deliver the out of home streaming CNN channel automatically. Commercials are inserted on on-demand and linear channels by the providers of the asset and by Comcast for local sales slot opportunities. Premium channels like HBO generally do not have commercials. You and I pay Comcast to truck the signals to our home of the subscription services we are purchasing.