Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Things recording to xfinity TV app but not X1 box and vice versa

Contributor

Things recording to xfinity TV app but not X1 box and vice versa

Why is it that sometimes a recording will record ONLY on my app and not show up on the X1 box?  Or sometimes it will record ONLY on my X1 box but not my app.  This is so frustrating.

I recorded an episode of a series I watch and the episode is ONLY on my app.  It wasnt saved on my X1 box and I could not run the HDMI cord from my phone to the TV to watch it because Comcast doesn't allow that anymore which is another huge complaint I have.

Is there any way to export a recording from the app to the box or vice versa?  Its amazing to me that the box and the app can have different recordings.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Things recording to xfinity TV app but not X1 box and vice versa

Sorry, but there is no way to transfer recordings from app to dvr, nor vice versa.  Latest firmware on DVRs allow playback of missing recordings on physical dvr from Cloud to physical dvr. It will show the recording have a Cloud symbol next to it when playing it back.

Missed recordings can happen due to failures on the physical dvr, i.e. power failure, poor signal, etc.  Not sure what can cause a missed recording on the Cloud DVR, but it has happened to me as well.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation