Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Television X1 box

New Poster

Television X1 box

My recordings are losing part of the program being recorded.  i.e.  Perry Mason, Channel 114, 60 minute programs scheduled and shown, but only recorded 15 minutes of the entire program.  It has done this a few times but not always.  What is the problem.  

Also, why do I need to restart the box from time to time, usually in the middle of something I am watching.  

Expert

Re: Television X1 box

rae9697 wrote:

My recordings are losing part of the program being recorded.  i.e.  Perry Mason, Channel 114, 60 minute programs scheduled and shown, but only recorded 15 minutes of the entire program.  It has done this a few times but not always.  What is the problem.  

Also, why do I need to restart the box from time to time, usually in the middle of something I am watching.  

If you have activated the cloud, have you tried playing the same show from there and if so, was it the full length? The situation you describe could be hardware (bad hard drive in DVR for example) or bad signal conditions from your home to the comcast  You can call 877-896-8678 and let the x1 support center associates run tests on your equipment.