Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV to go- missing episodes in the middle of a season

Frequent Visitor

TV to go- missing episodes in the middle of a season

I use a filter to make sure I only see things that are available online, only to get halfway through season of something to find one random episode not available online/in home only. Its very annoying, and misleading, if the season is available online then the entire season should be made available, no missing episodes. I cannot for the life me understand what the benefit or necessity would be to skip one episode, except to make me crazy. Please help me understand.  

Official Employee

Re: TV to go- missing episodes in the middle of a season

ahp3 wrote:

I use a filter to make sure I only see things that are available online, only to get halfway through season of something to find one random episode not available online/in home only. Its very annoying, and misleading, if the season is available online then the entire season should be made available, no missing episodes. I cannot for the life me understand what the benefit or necessity would be to skip one episode, except to make me crazy. Please help me understand.  

Oh, that's very frustrating. I'm sorry. Can you post which season/episode is missing so I can report that to our content team. Most likely, the programmer didn't deliver the episode to us so we'll need to reach out (the out-of-home versions of the episodes are delivered separately than the in-home versions).

In general there should be about 3 different scenarios with content:

1. Rolling-5:  networks provide us with the latest X episodes (usually 4 or 5)
  2. Full season: networks provide us the full season of episodes (premium networks also usually go back all the way to season 1)
  3. In-home only: networks for which Comcast doesn't have "TV Everywhere" rights will only show in-home episodes (your mobile devices becomes another outlet when in-home, just like the TVs).  CBS is an example where we only have TV Everywhere rights on web but not mobile (which leads to even more confusion but not in Comcast's control).

Hope this helps.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have watched several on demand series where randomly throughout the season an episode will show  in home only. Like this one 

image.png
Official Employee

ahp3 wrote:

I have watched several on demand series where randomly throughout the season an episode will show  in home only. Like this one 

The example you gave here is S2 Ep8 which is the latest episode to have aired on TV. Because TV Everywhere (AKA "TV Go") content is delivered by the studios separately, there is sometimes more of a delay. It should be along soon.

If you have X1 with Cloud DVR, you can watch this program from anywhere in the USA immediately after the recording has completed (as long as you've scheduled it to record).

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Well now episode 9 is available but still in home only for epsiode 8 which breaks up the continuity of the season. Surely episode 8 could be made available before episode 9?? This happens often and I have found that it is only until the season ends that the previously in home only episodes become available. If the missing episode happens to be episode 2 rather than episode 8, then effectively I cannot watch the series on demand can I? Surely I am not the only one who experiences this? I travel A LOT. Still very annoyed. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation