Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Remote and TV App showing wrong city

New Poster

TV Remote and TV App showing wrong city

Has anyone else seen this. When the TV and Remote apps were updated recently suddently instead of a lineup for Houston, TX where I live it shows a lineup for the Twin Cities in Mn, not Houston. Shows this in both apps although in my profile it shows Houston Texas. Has anyone else seen this?

Service Expert

Re: TV Remote and TV App showing wrong city

LRAraiza wrote:

Has anyone else seen this. When the TV and Remote apps were updated recently suddently instead of a lineup for Houston, TX where I live it shows a lineup for the Twin Cities in Mn, not Houston. Shows this in both apps although in my profile it shows Houston Texas. Has anyone else seen this?

do the x1 set top boxes have the right channels? If so, you might want to log off and sign back on to the apps and see if that fixes the problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Sorry but that is a totally useless suggestion. I have logged off, uninstalled, reinstalled. Everything you can think of and still I get the Twin Cities and not Houston, TX. Will say that have communicated with Comcast Support through Tweeter and they are "at wits end" so to speak, they know it is broken but have no clue as to how to fix.

Service Expert

LRAraiza wrote:

Sorry but that is a totally useless suggestion. I have logged off, uninstalled, reinstalled. Everything you can think of and still I get the Twin Cities and not Houston, TX. Will say that have communicated with Comcast Support through Tweeter and they are "at wits end" so to speak, they know it is broken but have no clue as to how to fix.

you 'can' call x1 support at 877-896-8678 but based on your issue it would not hurt to call 800-comcast and select billing and have them check your account for location.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Here is the thing. My TV shows the right channels and all. Using my TV remote if I click on "Guide" it shows Houston and all correct. However on all apps such as TV Live and TV Remote once I log on it shows my location as Houston, TX but the channel lineup is the Twin Cities.  I have downloaded other TV guides and as part of the setup I enter in my zip code and that fact I am on Comcast and it shows the correct channel line up.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation