Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

TV Remote Update destroyed app

Regular Contributor

TV Remote Update destroyed app

The one thing from Comcast that actually worked was the TV Remote app. Yesterday there was an update and now the entire app is a mess. It's showing me a different channel lineup, won't show me any of my DVR recordings, scheduled recordings etc. Its 100% useless!!!! What is wrong with this company?! They can't even get an app to work properly let alone the services they charge us for. If it isn't broken, don't fix it! 

Regular Contributor

Re: TV Remote Update destroyed app

I agree.  Just posted on another thread on the app, but this needs to be fixed.  Not everyone sits in front of their TV to program it.  I travel a lot and have to program from the road.

Expert

sperling3920 wrote:

The one thing from Comcast that actually worked was the TV Remote app. Yesterday there was an update and now the entire app is a mess. It's showing me a different channel lineup, won't show me any of my DVR recordings, scheduled recordings etc. Its 100% useless!!!! What is wrong with this company?! They can't even get an app to work properly let alone the services they charge us for. If it isn't broken, don't fix it! 

like you, I used the app a lot. I called in and they opened a ticket on it, but the problem cleared up a few hours later (no one replied to the ticket).

to fix it if still not working, select logout in settings, and then log back in.

New Poster

Unbelievable!  This app worked so well and it truly has been rendered useless!  Obviously the app was re-designed by a non-sports geekazoid.

1.  No more Sports filter ( are you kidding me!)

2.  Sports teams are now listed by mascot in the guide so I have no clue who's playing who

nice job Comcast....

Contributor

Mine is saying I'm not connected to my WiFi. ??????????????

The usual FU from Comcast. Happens so often I'm getting used to it.