Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Remote App

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

TV Remote App

Recently notices that there are a lot of duplicate channels numbered above 1000 on the TV remote app.  All are included in my 'favorites'.  Didn't want them there so I went to setting and removed them.  That removed ALL the channels I had previous chosen.  Cannot add the channels I want as favorites with getting all the channels above 1000.  Why can't I chose the channels I want as 'favorites'?

Accepted Solution

Re: TV Remote App

An just to be clear, I'm not talking about my local channels, I'm talking about duplicate of things like HGTV, Food Channel, etc.  Duplicates of almost all the channels available and they are all added to my 'favorites' and cannot be removed.

View answer in context
Service Expert

douglashh wrote:

Recently notices that there are a lot of duplicate channels numbered above 1000 on the TV remote app.  All are included in my 'favorites'.  Didn't want them there so I went to setting and removed them.  That removed ALL the channels I had previous chosen.  Cannot add the channels I want as favorites with getting all the channels above 1000.  Why can't I chose the channels I want as 'favorites'?

they are 'virtual' channels and in most markets only HD channels with your local channel numbers preserved as 10xx where xx is the local channel or local virtual channel). you can use them to browse only HD channels easily.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I'm sorry but this is not a solution.  I do not want these other channels, I don't care what you call them, on my 'Favorites'.  Why can't I remove them?

Regular Contributor

An just to be clear, I'm not talking about my local channels, I'm talking about duplicate of things like HGTV, Food Channel, etc.  Duplicates of almost all the channels available and they are all added to my 'favorites' and cannot be removed.

Service Expert

douglashh wrote:

I'm sorry but this is not a solution.  I do not want these other channels, I don't care what you call them, on my 'Favorites'.  Why can't I remove them?

virtual channels (numbers) are just another 'reference' for the same channel. At the moment you cannot remove one without the other. recording the 1000 series will make the lower number same channel show it is being recorded too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation