Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Remote App won't let me go to DVR Manager

Contributor

TV Remote App won't let me go to DVR Manager

I know there are posts out there, but thought I would put my comment here too. What is going on?? I don't have X1 and trying to go to DVR Manager in the TV Remote app, and it directs me to install XFinity TV which doesn't help me in the least. I can't set recordings. There is no recording option. Everything was working fine.

Oy!!!

Contributor

Re: TV Remote App won't let me go to DVR Manager

I'm in the same boat, mlevant. I don't have X1 either, but periodically would set/check my DVR recordings on my phone using the TV Remote app. When I tried to use the DVR Manager on my phone tonight, I kept getting redirected to download the latest TV app, which I did. No DVR recording option exists. You used to be able to do it via the website with a laptop/PC, but now I can't even find the option any more. I'm guessing us non-X1 customers no longer matter.

Problem Solver

Let me guess, you are trying to use the Xfinity TV Remote app on Android? If that's the case, then non-X1 customers AND Android users no longer matter. Comcast updated the Apple version of the TV Remote app to have an in-app DVR manager, but they left the Android version broken with the redirect to the web page.

They are a bunch of bumbleheads, turning off DVR functions for non-X1 users on a PC, yet not updating the app they tell those users to use now. Priceless.

g-hodgson wrote:

I'm in the same boat, mlevant. I don't have X1 either, but periodically would set/check my DVR recordings on my phone using the TV Remote app. When I tried to use the DVR Manager on my phone tonight, I kept getting redirected to download the latest TV app, which I did. No DVR recording option exists. You used to be able to do it via the website with a laptop/PC, but now I can't even find the option any more. I'm guessing us non-X1 customers no longer matter.

Contributor

Thanks for that info, HowAboutThisOne. I am on Android, so I guess that explains why the new app doesn't have the non-X1 DVR Manager option. Hope they plan to fix this, but I won't hold my breath. To not have the PC option for DVR Manager is just a 2nd stick in the eye. Unbelievable.
Problem Solver

Looks like Comcast released an updated version of the Xfinity TV Remote for Android today (Oct 4 2016). You might want to see if it works for you now, after updating. Looks like they removed the favorite channels option though. Useless idiots.

g-hodgson wrote:
Thanks for that info, HowAboutThisOne. I am on Android, so I guess that explains why the new app doesn't have the non-X1 DVR Manager option. Hope they plan to fix this, but I won't hold my breath. To not have the PC option for DVR Manager is just a 2nd stick in the eye. Unbelievable.

Contributor

Thanks, How. Downloaded the new app for Android and it mostly works. Can see my previously recorded shows. Also did a test recording, and that worked. However, shows that were recorded tonight don't show on the app. I signed out and back in, but that did not do anything. Still a step in the right direction.

Thanks again for your insight and help!
Silver Problem Solver

If you have non-X1, the DVR updating is not instant. The DVR only syncs it's local changes roughly every 12 hours. If you remotely set/delete a recording or make changes on an app or on-line, then it will appear on your DVR almost immediately.

Contributor

Thanks for the info, Andy. Yeah, I did note that when programing the DVR from the phone app, the change to the actual DVR was pretty much immediate - which is what it did before the upgrade. I don't think the previous version of TV Remote worked as your describing. I do know that sometimes there was a delay, but usually within a couple of minutes (after signing out and back in to the app), I could see the proper programming of the DVR on the app. I could be wrong about that, but I don't think so.

New Poster

G, I downloaded the app again on my Android after seeing the string of comments, but under settings it is not showing a DVR for me and I can't seem to be able to correct.  My account shows it but the app is not recognizing it.  Did you have this issue?  MKC

Contributor

MKC2 wrote:

G, I downloaded the app again on my Android after seeing the string of comments, but under settings it is not showing a DVR for me and I can't seem to be able to correct.  My account shows it but the app is not recognizing it.  Did you have this issue?  MKC

MKC,

Not sure if you re-downloaded the new TV App or the recently released TV Remote for Android. If you're trying to program your non-X1 DVR from your Android, you need to download the TV Remote for Android. Once you've done that, click on the bars next to All Listings. Under Saved, you should see Recordings and Scheduled. That should reflect your DVR (more or less).

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation