Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

TV App Preferences

Contributor

TV App Preferences

Why isn't there a way to set the app to only display TV Go programs or at least filter for this? You can filter for download so it shouldn't be that hard to have a TV Go filter for when someone doesn't have Xfinity Internet or isn't on a home network. Thank you very much.

Expert

Re: TV App Preferences

Lanka wrote:

Why isn't there a way to set the app to only display TV Go programs or at least filter for this? You can filter for download so it shouldn't be that hard to have a TV Go filter for when someone doesn't have Xfinity Internet or isn't on a home network. Thank you very much.

There is.  Open the APP and goto All Listings.  Press FILTERS and select AVAILABLE OUT OF HOME  ( TVGO )  then press OK

Contributor

I have done that - even reinstalled app more than once - but don't have that filter option. I'm not sure why it doesn't work. Thank you very much.

Problem Solver

Here is a screenshot of my phone on the filters for my TV Listings? Upload an image of yours so we can see what you are talking about. That might make it easier.

Screenshot_2016-10-28-09-50-24.jpg

Contributor

This is what I see on my iPad. Don't know why picture shows up twice.

IMG_0344.PNG
Bronze Problem Solver

Lanka wrote:

This is what I see on my iPad. Don't know why picture shows up twice.

What version do you have installed?

Contributor

Version 3.9.1, Oct. 13th

Contributor

Comcast has a service request open on this issue for me also.

Official Employee

Lanka wrote:

If you only subscribe to Video and do not have Internet from Comcast, you will not see the "Available out of home" filter because it is enabled by default.  There is no way for Comcast to know that you are in-home without Internet service (in-home is determined by IP address of your home XFINITY network).

In the "Live TV" section, you should only be seeing the "TV Go" channels (instead of your full lineup). Is that not the case?

Contributor

No. I can see the full lineup in the live section but can't  filter for "TV Go" channel's. I can see them when I browse for them.

Contributor

It is enabled by default on my computer but not on my iPad. The iPad is connected by wifi (not Xfinity) while the computer isn't connected to the wifi. That may account for the difference with the filter.

Expert

Lanka wrote:

It is enabled by default on my computer but not on my iPad. The iPad is connected by wifi (not Xfinity) while the computer isn't connected to the wifi. That may account for the difference with the filter.

is the computer connected to your home xfinity internet via ethernet?

Contributor

I don't have Xfinity Internet. My home computer is connected to my ISP directly while my iPad is connected to the same DSL modem by wifi. I prefer not using wifi for my home computer.

Expert

Lanka wrote:

I don't have Xfinity Internet. My home computer is connected to my ISP directly while my iPad is connected to the same DSL modem by wifi. I prefer not using wifi for my home computer.

to verify, you do not have home nor business xfinity internet service in your home but do have the X1 television platform?

Bronze Problem Solver

Lanka wrote:

If you don't have comcast internet, comcastDan has already answered your problem. You may be on what you call your home network, but its not a comcast network. You will only see TV Go available channels on the listings page

Expert

mvenanzi wrote:

Lanka wrote:

If you don't have comcast internet, comcastDan has already answered your problem. You may be on what you call your home network, but its not a comcast network. You will only see TV Go available channels on the listings page

I didn't reply hoping Dan would. Without internet, I don't see how TV Go would work either without some level of internet service provided by comcast.

Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Lanka wrote:

I didn't reply hoping Dan would. Without internet, I don't see how TV Go would work either without some level of internet service provided by comcast.

Lanka has internet, but not comcast. It will work the same way it does if you are traveling and using someone else's internet.

Contributor

But that isn't what is happening. It isn't defaulting that way on my iPad. I can't get it to just show the TV Go channels.

Bronze Problem Solver

Lanka wrote:

But that isn't what is happening. It isn't defaulting that way on my iPad. I can't get it to just show the TV Go channels.

Please post an screen shot of your listings page.

Contributor

This is what I see. Don't know graphic shows up twice. This is when I go to all listings. It doesn't default tones TV Go listings only.

IMG_0345.PNG
Expert

Lanka wrote:

This is what I see. Don't know graphic shows up twice. This is when I go to all listings. It doesn't default tones TV Go listings only.

when you press that filter button in upper left corner what choices appear?

Contributor

What shows in the graphic - High Definition, Closed Captioning, Secondary Audio, and Video Description. These are my only filter options. I don't get the "Available Out of Home" option.

Expert

Lanka wrote:

What shows in the graphic - High Definition, Closed Captioning, Secondary Audio, and Video Description. These are my only filter options. I don't get the "Available Out of Home" option.

I just used an iPhone, iPad, and android phone all showed out of home as first selection. 

would you load the TV app and press the menu (stack of paper icon) and scroll to bottom and touch the gear (settings) icon. at the bottom of the next page there is a version. also please reply with the device you are using (like iphone 6, ipad 4, android phone)

Contributor

Version is 3.9.1.664 on Apple iPad Air 2 with iOS 10.1.  This is Oct. 13th version.

Expert

Lanka wrote:

Version is 3.9.1.664 on Apple iPad Air 2 with iOS 10.1.  This is Oct. 13th version.

same as mine. since you don't have comcast internet maybe the option is just not going to be presented. do any of the togo channels actually work for you?

Contributor

I can watch them. My understanding is that the filter should be enabled by default since I don't have Xfinity internet. It may be the way the app is seeing my wifi. I have a pending service request on this but no resolution yet.

Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

Lanka wrote:

same as mine. since you don't have comcast internet maybe the option is just not going to be presented. do any of the togo channels actually work for you?

Rusty, do you have a way to connect one of your ios devices to a network thats not your home network, maybe there's a bug in the ios app that defaulting the out of home filter backwards.

Official Employee

Lanka wrote:

I can watch them. My understanding is that the filter should be enabled by default since I don't have Xfinity internet. It may be the way the app is seeing my wifi. I have a pending service request on this but no resolution yet.

Hi Lanka,

Can you send me a private message with the username you are using to sign into the apps and portal?  Is this also the username you use to pay your bill?  The email you used to register in the forums isn't in our system and I would like to look up your account. 

The app thinks you have Internet service from XFINTIY which is based on account information on the back-end.

Thanks,
ComcastDan

Contributor

I sent the message and one with service number. I like being able to see all the listings but would like the filter to work correctly as long as I can still see the live listings when I want to do so. I had to create the Comcast ID at one time for account management of some sort. I don't remember exactly why.

Official Employee

Lanka wrote:

I sent the message and one with service number. I like being able to see all the listings but would like the filter to work correctly as long as I can still see the live listings when I want to do so. I had to create the Comcast ID at one time for account management of some sort. I don't remember exactly why.

Since you have video service but no internet, once this is working properly, the app will only display the TV Go channels and you won't need to filter.  To view your full lineup, please use the XFINITY TV Remote app.

I PM'd you about the other issue and will be in touch tomorrow once I have more info.

Thanks,

ComcastDan