Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

StreamTV App Channel Listing Displaying Incorrect Channels

New Poster

StreamTV App Channel Listing Displaying Incorrect Channels

This problem happens to me on a weekly or bi-weekly basis and it usualy occurs on a Friday afternoon. My app's live tv listing will have been showing the correct channel line-up for my account. I will go to select a channel to watch and the entire channel listing will have changed. I will be offered channels that are not part of my package, channels that are part of my package will not be listed, and none of my local channels are available. Every time I have to call customer support, work through their troubleshooting exercises only to be handed off to Tier 2 support. Something is then done on the Comcast side and several days later, my channel listings are restored.

I never know what exactly is being done to resolve the issue but it eventualy gets fixed. The problem is that I have had to go through this exercise eight (8) times so far. Each time going through the useless troubleshooting exercise just so I can get to the stage where Comcast can apply their internal fix.

I am now experiencing this problem for the 9th time. Has anyone else had this same experience? Why does this problem keep occuring and what is happening on the Comcast side that continuosuly causes it?

Service Expert

Re: StreamTV App Channel Listing Displaying Incorrect Channels

JonJonJonJonJon wrote:

This problem happens to me on a weekly or bi-weekly basis and it usualy occurs on a Friday afternoon. My app's live tv listing will have been showing the correct channel line-up for my account. I will go to select a channel to watch and the entire channel listing will have changed. I will be offered channels that are not part of my package, channels that are part of my package will not be listed, and none of my local channels are available. Every time I have to call customer support, work through their troubleshooting exercises only to be handed off to Tier 2 support. Something is then done on the Comcast side and several days later, my channel listings are restored.

I never know what exactly is being done to resolve the issue but it eventualy gets fixed. The problem is that I have had to go through this exercise eight (8) times so far. Each time going through the useless troubleshooting exercise just so I can get to the stage where Comcast can apply their internal fix.

I am now experiencing this problem for the 9th time. Has anyone else had this same experience? Why does this problem keep occuring and what is happening on the Comcast side that continuosuly causes it?

call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask the representative to do a deep account refresh. They will tell you it may take up to an hour. then logout and back in to the app and all should be ok.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: StreamTV App Channel Listing Displaying Incorrect Channels

Thanks for the response and the suggestion. I never actualy got the chance to try it. Someone must have fixed it behind the scenes because everything was back to normal the next morning.

I still would like to know why this keeps happening though. Every 1-2 weeks, usualy on a Friday afternoon. Maybe someday someone will tell me Smiley Happy

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation