Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Someone streaming my stream tv app

Frequent Visitor

Someone streaming my stream tv app

Customer service has no clue how to fix problem. I already tried changing password and email. Someone is still using my app to watch tv!!
Problem Solver

Re: Someone streaming my stream tv app

Hello

It looks like someone has already cleared all the mobile and PC devices from your account, which means all devices will be returned to the Welcome screen. Log in with your new password, and you should be all set. The rogue user won't be able to log in.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

This is still happening all username and passwords has been changed. After all thAt I can
watch the on my ipas without password. Comcast rep told me today that after billing cycle no one else should be able to login without password. Well guess what I'm pass billing cycle is someone was just using the app. No on knows the password but me!!! Please Help
Service Expert

Bigmks wrote:
This is still happening all username and passwords has been changed. After all thAt I can
watch the on my ipas without password. Comcast rep told me today that after billing cycle no one else should be able to login without password. Well guess what I'm pass billing cycle is someone was just using the app. No on knows the password but me!!! Please Help

could that user be one of your X1 set top boxes? I see my devices there sometimes.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

No someone is watching shows on my app.
Frequent Visitor

Still having problems someone is using app after password and username changed!!
Frequent Visitor

Xstream App Pirating

Someone is still using my app after I have changed password, username, devices de registered etc. Was told this week that after billing cycle no one should be able to watch without password. This is not true cycle has ended and someone is still using it.
Problem Solver

Re: Xstream App Pirating

Hi 

I cannot speak to billing cycle claims—you are not charged extra for mobile/pc devices on your account, you can't purchase anything through the app that would add to the cost of your service, and your password expiration is not tied to your billing cycle—but you only have one mobile device on your account currently. What behavior are you seeing that leads you to believe there is still unauthorized usage of your account? 

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Show that show up on recently watched that we didn't. I know I'm not getting charge if someone else is using app , but the fact that someone is watching for free is my concern when I'm paying over $200 a month for services.
Frequent Visitor

Anyone someone can you help!!!
Service Expert

Bigmks wrote:
Anyone someone can you help!!!

how many set top boxes do you have on your account? Could it be you are missing a filter in an apartment complex and seeing the neighbor's watch history?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have a house we have 1 Dvr in the living room and 2 other tv with the smaller boxes.
Service Expert

Bigmks wrote:
I have a house we have 1 Dvr in the living room and 2 other tv with the smaller boxes.

if you use the Xfinity Stream TV app and go to the gear (settings) you can see any current streaming sessions (by name). be sure to be familiar with the current names of your set top boxes as if they are 'strreaming' (watching a DVR recording from one of the companion set top boxes for example) you will see their name in the current streaming sessions.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

still having problems after speaking with comcast internet,customer service, security etc. i can see that one of my boxes which is the media says it alwya streaming although the tv is not or and also unpluggeg? i have a serious issue, seems like my boxes is registred to someone else I dont know!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

media room box says always streaming on app. Even though the tv is off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Service Expert

Bigmks wrote:

media room box says always streaming on app. Even though the tv is off!!!!!!!!!!!!

the set top box doesn't stop if tv is turned off. just hit exit button to stop the stream.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Box is unplugged from power cord yet I still see that the device is stil streaming and show or still showing up on my recently watched list that I didn't watch! 

Service Expert

Bigmks wrote:

Box is unplugged from power cord yet I still see that the device is stil streaming and show or still showing up on my recently watched list that I didn't watch! 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi Bigmks, I can assist you with making sure your credentials and services are protected. The information that (ComcastLoriHC) provided is the correct way to ensure no one has access to your account that isn't authorized. I can de-provision all devices from using your account now, but you will need to change your password immediately. To do so I will need to verify your account information, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hello Bigmks, I am happy to look into this security issue for you. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation