Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Slow downloads

Frequent Visitor

Slow downloads

I'm having the same issue other users have reported. I am experiencing very slow downloads onto my device and when they complete I get playback error 106000 or a message saying there may be an issue with DVR playback. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success in correcting the issue. Any thoughts on what may be causing this?
Expert

Re: Slow downloads

mistergutierrez wrote:
I'm having the same issue other users have reported. I am experiencing very slow downloads onto my device and when they complete I get playback error 106000 or a message saying there may be an issue with DVR playback. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success in correcting the issue. Any thoughts on what may be causing this?

Does the error code 106000 happen only once in a while? Server load may be causing the long download times but not being close enough to your router may slow downloads, too. 

Frequent Visitor

The 106000 error was happening with almost every download 2 weeks ago, now it's occasional. The constant error I've gotten the last few days is that there is an issue with DVR playback.

I was not having any issues prior to thanksgiving
Expert

mistergutierrez wrote:
The 106000 error was happening with almost every download 2 weeks ago, now it's occasional. The constant error I've gotten the last few days is that there is an issue with DVR playback.

I was not having any issues prior to thanksgiving

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hello mistergutierrez. I can assist in troubleshooting your Stream app issue and escalating to our Advanced Repair department if needed. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Frequent Visitor

@  I have sent you a PM with the info requested.

Official Employee

Thanks @mistergutierrez. I've received your private message and have responded. Let's take if from there.