Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Rented movies not on Stream TV App.

New Poster

Rented movies not on Stream TV App.

I rented a movie on demand through the set top box to watch on my device later. Hmmm, it's not showing up at all, imagine that. I looked it up and found your (xfinity) solution is that you can only view rented material when you are on your home wifi. Ok, not a problem, I'm at home using my wifi. It still doesn't show up! Funny thing, it doesn't even appear when I search for it manually! I would think as much as we as customers pay for your service, as long as we are logged into our accounts, proving our identity, we should be able to view EVERYTHING ANYWHERE. If we rent a movie at home on TV but don't have enough time to finish the last half hour or so and want to finish it later, maybe on lunch break on our device, or while sitting in a waiting room to kill time, we should be able to! Not only when your at home using your wifi. This is 2017 it should have been an option for customers a long time ago.
Official Employee

Re: Rented movies not on steam TV app.

Hi Will81. I'd like to take a look into your rented movie concerns. The Purchases section of the Stream TV app should show all the movies you've purchased-- there might be an issue syncing the content on your box to what you have on the app.

It looks like you did not play the rental for the required 30 seconds--our requirement for verification/billing purposes. This resulted in the rental being in an awaiting confirmation status which prevents it from showing on the app. Please watch the purchase for at least 30 seconds on your cable box before it can show on the app after a few minutes. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Originally I did not try that. However, later I played it on the TV for about 2-3 minutes. I just checked the app and it is still not there.
Official Employee

OK Will81. It can take a few minutes for it to show on the app once you've watched it on the cable box. Let's give it a few more minutes then we can try resyncing the cable box to the cloud. Just follow these steps: 

Xfinity>Settings>Device Setting>Sync DVR

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Will81, did the rental appear? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation