Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: New Xfinity TV App - Can I Use Android Screen Mirroring to Watch Downloaded X1 DVR Show on Smart

New Poster

Re: New Xfinity TV App - Can I Use Android Screen Mirroring to Watch Downloaded X1 DVR Show on Smart

I am trying to use AirPlay via my iPhone and Apple TV box since my HDMI port is not working DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO USE AIRPLAY OR SCREEN MIRRORING from an iPhone to a tv?? HELP
New Poster

HOW TO AIRPLAY TO APPLE TV

My HDMI port or Cord is obviously the issue but until that is taken care of HOW CAN I USE AIRPLAY TO WATCH the shows I've dvr'd etc?? HELP!
New Poster

Re: Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV. Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV.

I am trying to use AirPlay via my iPhone and Apple TV box since my HDMI port is not working DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO USE AIRPLAY from an iPhone to a tv?? HELP
New Poster

Re: Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV. Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV.

If I cannot use AirPlay is there ANY WAY to watch my DVR etc without an HDMI cord or port that isn't working. I got the Stream Tv app so I could use AirPlay but apparently that's not allowed? ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED since I pay $200+ a month for Comcast service and would like to use what I pay for
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: HOW TO AIRPLAY TO APPLE TV

KellCarlson wrote:
My HDMI port or Cord is obviously the issue but until that is taken care of HOW CAN I USE AIRPLAY TO WATCH the shows I've dvr'd etc?? HELP!

What is the source of the shows (phone, tablet, pc......)? If the source is a smart device (phone or tablet), comcast has blocked mirroring to a tv.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TV

If I cannot use AirPlay from my iPhone to Apple TV is there ANY WAY to watch my DVR etc without an HDMI cord or port that isn't working? My Comcast box is fine but I can't get a picture or connection so can I stream it to a tv in anyway?. I got the Stream Tv app so I could use AirPlay but apparently that's not allowed? ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED since I pay $200+ a month for Comcast service and would like to use what I pay for @ least until I get a new tv or HDMI cord
Expert

KellCarlson wrote:
I am trying to use AirPlay via my iPhone and Apple TV box since my HDMI port is not working DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO USE AIRPLAY OR SCREEN MIRRORING from an iPhone to a tv?? HELP

unfortunately the owner's of the content have used DRM (digital rights management) to stop that function from working for portable 'smart' devices. the use of HDMI is allowed for desk/laptop computers as currently the HDMI link is a grandfathered extra screen allowed connection.  Currently, some Roku devices are permitted to be attached to a TV while in the beta testing of the stream app but eventually will be a charge to the account to use the Roku.

Expert

please do not spam/cross-post on this forum